Saturday, July 11, 2009

Porch sitting and summertime fun





Lots of porch sitting and other summertime fun going on.
Like sunrise walks, and finishing landscaping, picking the first red tomatoes and weeding my back yard and most of all sunset watching from this porch every night.
We are so glad we did the messy renovation and demolition of the tiny cement slab that existed before we put up this porch last fall.
Fun to be finishing our lawn seeding and landscaping and actually able to sit and enjoy the view sometime.
We are in the process of finishing two new cement slabs with laying slate.
It's a tedious but somewhat gratifying task.
So far we've been keeping busy and have not yet made plans to take a summer vacation.
We are going to try and sneak in a few days away here and there, but for now we are enjoying our morning sunrises from the front of the house and the dark pink/purple sunsets in the evening.
How are you spending your summer?

8 Comments:

At July 11, 2009 at 10:12 PM , Blogger judy in ky said...

Your porch looks great, Mim. No wonder you enjoy watching sunsets from it!
I am spending my summer celebrating birthdays. It begins with two family birthdays in June, then three birthdays in July and two more in August. Lots of family, lots of fun, and lots of cake and ice cream. I think I'm putting on a few pounds!

 
At July 12, 2009 at 6:47 AM , Anonymous Ralph said...

So nice to see things progressed with teh house project as you hoped, and that porch looks worth every penny and every drop of sweat. Glad you're enjoying it. You know how my summer is--same feelings of hard work paid off by a result you like.

Nice you guys are in a good place.

 
At July 13, 2009 at 7:28 AM , Blogger One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Mim, I have a feeling you know how my time is spent. Creating, moving, garden and on the road.
I share the magnificient sunrises and sunsets with you. They are awesome. Thank you for your comments on my journal. Blessings sent to you this early morning.

 
At July 13, 2009 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Muhd Imran said...

You have such a beautiful home! You are so blessed!

I don't know about you going on vacation because I think you're living your vacation in that beautiful home you've put so much love into it.

I can imagine that bright sunrise giving your energy for the potential of the day.

That beautiful sunset as you sit on your porch with an unobstructed view... well that is pure heaven!

 
At July 13, 2009 at 7:26 PM , Blogger The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, it looks great, Mim! I'm so glad you've gotten so much done.

Well, we are not going anywhere till the end of the summer and then we travel for Mr. Magpie's mother's milestone birthday party. We had my little namesake's birthday yesterday (her middle name is named Elizabeth after mine). Then we have had trees fall in the yard and make a big mess. A freakish tornado type thing. Thankfully, it fell away from the house and only did nominal damage to my neighbor's house and our mutual fence.

Other than that, I'm getting ready to meet a friend for her birthday which I missed and spend mine with my sister's stepdaughter who's coming by to see us on the way to Ft. Lauderdale. That's about it.

Kind of slow and lazy...

XO,

Sheila :-)

 
At July 14, 2009 at 4:24 PM , Blogger Debbie in CA : ) said...

Our summer days and evenings resemble yours in the nicest of ways. It is a blessing to be at home and loving it. I am enjoying my deck SO MUCH that I nearly forgot about all the dusty disruption of last summer's construction . . . but only nearly forgotten, mind you. ; D

Happy Summer, sweet friend!

 
At July 22, 2009 at 12:58 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Hi Mim...hope all is well and I can tell from reading that youa re staying very busy as are we.

Had you on my mind tonight.

Have a great week
Love, Jess

 
At August 10, 2009 at 11:57 AM , Blogger The Quintessential Magpie said...

Mim, you sound like you have a great summer going there. We are busy and going in a lot of directions. Your peaceful days sound so good to this tired child. No vacation in the works for us. I had to make a trip out of state, but it wasn't a vacation type trip. Then I spent a few days with Mr. Magpie in Destin because he was seeing clients there. He worked the entire time.

XO,

Sheila :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home