Thursday, February 19, 2009

Glorious Winter mornings



Oh my goodness, where has February gone? I seriously do not know, and I feel so negligent about writing and reading blogs. I have so missed out reading all about your lives and I need to get back on the blogging bandwagon.
In my youth I used to think February was the longest month.
But this one has defied all of those previous thoughts.
It has flown by.
I think perhaps, that due to unplanned "early retirement" and unemployment we are busily, and crazily tearing through the house and trying to fix things and repair things and work on projects we've been wanting to do for several years.
It's actually a bright spot in the dark moments that came our way in November.
So forging ahead and trying to make the best of all of this.
We've transferred all our lp's to digital, and loaded all of our cd's to computer and mp3 players.
We are still doing the tedious work of transferring all of our slides and negatives to digital as well. That is taking much longer than we thought.
So hoping for a bit more snow and a few more winter days,before spring creeps in around the middle of March.
And burning lots of wood in our wood stove.
Not as much walking outside as I'd like to do.
But working on our homekeeping and stopping in tonight to say hello and hope to see you soon.

7 Comments:

At February 20, 2009 at 1:14 AM , Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I totally understand, Mim. I've been doing a lot of cleaning, sorting and decluttering here too. I spent all afternoon in my spare room and I still have at least another afternoon of work to do in there before I'm really done. Not to mention the rest of the house. *Sigh.....*

Glad you're getting a lot done, and I wish you success in finding jobs when you get serious about looking.

Happy Friday and hope you have a great weekend. :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At February 20, 2009 at 7:58 AM , Blogger Ralph said...

You did the LP-to-digital thing! It seems to have happened in a flash!
Was it a tedious project? I always thought it would be worse than doing the CDs because you'd have to attend to the turntable, turn the records over, etc.

Wh,en I last tried it, I got all the hookups done as directed but could never get any sound to come from the turntable to my computer speakers, so I put it on hold until we have time to play wit it.

It sounds like despite it all you're having a very productive winter. You know we're looking at NC now?

 
At February 20, 2009 at 9:18 AM , Blogger judy in ky said...

Hi Mim,
Wow, I am impressed by your immersion into the digital world. It's still pretty confusing to me. We have so many old photos and tapes and it seems they are all out-dated now.

It sounds like you are having a productive time and are keeping busy... it's good to hear an update from you.

 
At February 20, 2009 at 10:07 PM , Blogger Debbie in CA : ) said...

Busy, busy, busy. Sounds like you are tidying so many long-thought-about projects. We have a list of those, but my husband is in the throes of a BIG project so the list grows and marinates. Spring is springing up all around and I am delighted to forget the orderly "To Do's" and run out amongst the blooming daffs.

Nice to have a post from you.
I've missed my minutes with Mim.
: D

 
At February 21, 2009 at 10:39 AM , Blogger The Quintessential Magpie said...

Mim, I so desperately need to do what you're doing, but life events have taken me away from doing that. And now, I know I have to do it when the weather is good which I won't want to do. LOL!

I'm so glad you checked in with us, and I wish you much success in getting all of those things finished...

XO,

Sheila :-)

 
At February 21, 2009 at 1:27 PM , Blogger One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Mim I have missed reading the happenings in your life. Thank you for encouraging me through my healing and planned move. Take care. Spring is around the corner.

 
At February 23, 2009 at 11:27 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Much love, and I have been as busy dearie.... so no hard feelings..lol


Hope you have a good rest of february

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home