Another beautiful pre-sunrise morning
It was another beautiful early morning sky.
Now it's trying to snow and yet because it's a bit too warm, the snow is melting as it hits the ground. But the wind feels like a snowy wintry day.
While starting to write this I just noted that it's the 25th... amazing.
I feel like we lost 2 1/2 wks, and time has just moved along, and I had no idea it's a month til Christmas.
I know that Thanksgiving eve is my husband's last day of work, and we only had this short time to prepare after 25 years.
It's just disconcerting.
We are trying to get our minds around it, but time has taken on a strange perspective.
We have good moments and then moments of despair.
A lot to do with our relocating and being in 2 countries and two states in the past 6 years.
And now the fear of the unknown and will we have to sell our house and relocate once again.
I really am trying to get through this unexpected transition, but it is really difficult.
It is really hard to feel festive for the T day, let alone upcoming Christmas season.
We are trying to think ahead and plan, rather than just have despair, or fear that we will once again have to uproot and move.
The last week is again up and down and feels unpredictable.
I fear I have nothing much to say and so I didn't post all week.
In some ways the 2 weeks have flown by, in other ways they have crept along.
Trying to focus on each day's tasks and trying to somehow get through this unexpected shock to us.
Bailey is back to his normal, almost healthy self.
He and I still aren't walking as much as we did, since his stiches just came out, and also it's been blustery and cold, but he is friendly, frisky, and hungry.
So that is a good thing to celebrate.

9 Comments:
Mim just a note to let you know I continue to think of you and your husband. I know there is so much unknown at the present time.
In time the path will be clearer and in the future you will look back and everything will be like a puzzle, with another piece in place. Do not know if that makes sense. At times of deep unknown - I would visualize myself in a tunnel. Going slowly forward and I could see the light at the end. What was at the end I did not know but I knew I would know when I arrived.
You will make it. I am so sorry this is happening.
Hi Mim, Thanks for the sweet comment. Are you familiar with Eckhart Tolle's book and online course through Oprah. It's called A New Earth. You can download or watch online 90 minute chapter by chapter discussions between he and Oprah. It's mostly about living in the "now" and freeing our minds from unhelpful and often hurtful chatter, babble and worry.
I have been a chronic middle of the night worrier, all doom & gloom, and especially recently. This book helped me to feel happier "now" and to think and believe more positively about my future. It's helped me a lot.
You and your husband might find it a refreshing break from what you've recently been going through.
Love from Nova Scotia,
S, Winn, Bleet, Oliver & Gus
http://www.oprah.com/package/spirit/inspiration/pkganewearthwebcast/20080130_obc_webcast_anewearth
Hi Mim, I will keep checking here because I care about how you are doing. I'm sorry you and your husband are going through this uncertain time. I am so happy to hear that Bailey is better. That is one bright spot at this moment in time. Thank goodness for that.
Mim, I was thinking about you this afternoon and lifted you in prayer. I know this is a difficult time, but I want you to know you have prayer support out here.
I'm glad to hear that Bailey is better. That's wonderful news.
Just wanted to stop by and tell you I'm thinking of you and hoping for better days ahead.
XO,
Sheila
Well focusing on the good is the best thing...for me anyways.. will be talking with you more in email.
Lots of love and Happy Holiday tomorrow!
Love, Jess
Mim,
Thinking of you this morning and wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. You are in my prayers. Hug Bailey for me. Thinking of you with love...
XO,
Sheila
Hey Mim, you and Bailey just melted mine and Sophia's heart. What a wonderful way to start my Thanksgiving morning!
We all have our crosses to bear, mine is one of my children. I also feel it is too much at times. I wonder when God is going to protect me from the pain that has been a constant for 14 years. I have chosen to be thankful that my son is not in a grave, we still have tomorrow and tomorrow is hope.
"It will all be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."
Be blessed, be thankful for the little things. All of us wish you a miracle or two.
Amber
Hello Mim,
Imran here from P.A.L. Thank you for stopping by and leaving your message in my blog.
I'm sorry to learn about your husband's leave from his company of 25 years.
I can understand the time, effort and dedication he had put in through the years with the company, and the shock and letdown that came with it when something like that happened way it did.
The economy is indeed really looking bad globally, and here, we're not spared either.
I personally am not able to see visibility of my job beyond March next year. Just hoping to survive beyond December this year, at least for the 13th month bonus.
It is really terrifying to be out of control and be out of our routine and comfort zone.
My only solace is that whatever happens, I know I will still have my family when my work is gone.
Wifey and I have discussed this "what ifs" and we are mentally preparing ourselves if it becomes a reality to scale down on our standard of living.
Coming from a not so well-off family before, our family should be able to adjust living modestly again.
What we hold important is having each other and our Sonny. Staying strong together by supporting each other especially through bad times is important to us.
You are blessed to have each other after all these years... no matter what happens, you guys are stronger together.
Hope that things will be looking up for you and your husband soon. Take care.
When we have no control we should just let go, fall into God's palm, and enjoy the scenery. Your beautiful pre-dawn photo captures that mood exactly.
My dear friend, I think of you often and my husband and I both pray for you and your husband as you take a step in a fresh direction. Someday you may look back and see the excitement in the moment, but for today it is enough to step without trembling too much.
Many blessings to you and praises that your little pooch is on the mend. : )
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home