Monday, November 10, 2008

Not just another Monday morning



This is the early morning sky before sunrise.It is cold and crisp today.
The last two weekends I have raked the maple leaves into the curb for pickup.
The leaves are off the trees, and it is that fall weather that usually invigorates.

And this is not just another Monday morning.
Having launched our two kids by way of a college degree and into their professional worlds, we were just getting ready to settle into preparing for our retirement in about 7 years.

Having a long time career with a well known company suddenly and with about 5 days to prepare "it" might happen, we are both thrown back onto our heels.
It is shocking and hard to grasp.
The several days since the news, have us waking up in the morning wondering how can this be happening to us.
And wondering if it is just a bad dream and we will wake up and all will be fine.
So far it is feeling much too real, and much too harsh.
The unknown looms large and ominous.

Job searches for us both will have to begin, but until my husband knows where he will be applying and if he can get an interview, I will wait and then follow with my own applications.

Our year passed us by with no vacation as he was on the 4 month India project.Now a vacation feels furtherest from our minds.

Bailey has progressed in his movements but remains on some very soft vet prescribed mushy tinned substance. I will be phasing him back onto his regular diet sometime this week, and next Monday he will get his railroad track belly stitches out.
Whew... his saga all began last Monday.

So it's another Monday, another week, and somehow we will carry on.

10 Comments:

At November 10, 2008 at 10:57 AM , Blogger The Quintessential Magpie said...

Mim, I followed a link from another blog to yours, and I wanted to take this opportunity to tell you how sorry I am for everything you've been going through. I pray that things turn around for you soon.

One of my best friends has a little King Charles Spaniel named Churchill, and your dog could be his twin. I'm sorry to read about what happened to Bailey. I'm a big dog lover and know how much it hurts to see one of your furry family suffer. Here's hoping little Bailey makes a full recovery. Sounds like he's on the mend! :-)

My Min Pins used to eat everything in sight, and one of them swallowed a piece of string (where she got it, why she swallowed it remain a mystery to me!), but she quit eating and was having trouble chewing, almost like a tooth ache with her eating very gingerly. My vet was stumped, and they kept her for "observation." Mind you they'd looked at her teeth and in her mouth several times.

So after examining her, my vet decided to watch her eat during his own lunch break, and then he saw what I'd been telling him. He got the tech to hold her down, took a flashlight, looked into her throat, and discovered that this string was caught around her tongue and going down her throat. They had to put her out to remove it because it was way on the back of her tongue! But she survived to live another five years. They were incredulous and saved the string in a baggy to show me.

My other dog as a small puppy opened the shower door (have no idea how she did this), got up on a tile seat/ledge that was in the shower, and had a field day with a disposable razor I'd left there. I found the blades (she'd eaten parts of the pink handle), and I was wild when I discovered what she'd done. Hence x-rays and the works. She was such a little mischief-maker when she was young, we literally couldn't leave her alone for a second. Her sister was, too. But they lived to be old, grey ladies and have just recently gone over the Rainbow Bridge. Hopefully Bailey will have a long, happy life as well. Such a beautiful, beautiful baby!

Wishing you smoother sailing and praying that you have a resolution to the job situation soon. Sending get well wishes to Bailey and good wishes to you and your hubby.

Sheila

 
At November 10, 2008 at 11:08 AM , Blogger Debbie in CA : ) said...

You are in my prayers, sweet friend. My world has also taken a TREMENDOUS hit this past weekend, though in a different aspect. I have landed on my knees at the Savior's hem and I shall stay there as long as needed. Of course life continues as we wait for answers. I will hold you up to the Lord as you begin another week, and I would so appreciate any prayers you could spare.

 
At November 10, 2008 at 11:36 AM , Blogger Mim said...

Debbie,
Thanks again for your visits and prayers.
Mim

 
At November 10, 2008 at 11:39 AM , Blogger Mim said...

Sheila
Thanks for your dog stories... sorry about all you've been through too.Yes Bailey is so so inquisitive and obviously will eat anything.
He will be crated when I am not with him, as we did when he was a puppy.
Thanks for visiting us.
Mim

 
At November 10, 2008 at 3:15 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Man...our worlds sound much alike right now...and it stinks!

I will be praying for you and your hubby. And thanks so much for your kind comments on my blog.

Glad Bailey is getting better.

Have a good week...or at least try to.

Love, Jess

 
At November 10, 2008 at 4:31 PM , Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Praying for the best possible outcome for you and your hubby right now, Mim. I have several friends here in Bloggityville and then there's Jason looking for a job again too.

I'm so glad to hear that Bailey is improving.

Hope your week brings new blessings and promises of new hope.

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At November 10, 2008 at 5:30 PM , Blogger Mim said...

THanks Jess and Diane..
You also know about this.. I am so sorry.
It is not fun.
It is life changing.
We are struggling.
Mim

 
At November 10, 2008 at 5:59 PM , Blogger judy in ky said...

Mim, there are many of us thinking of you and your husband and little Bailey. I hope that helps a little. I feel very grateful that my husband has a job, but you never know, in this economy. He was thinking of retiring next year, but now... no way. We will all have to stick together.

 
At November 11, 2008 at 12:14 PM , Blogger One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Mim You are continually in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry this has happened at this time of life to your family. It seem Bailey is improving some. Take care. Thank you for your kind comments to me.

 
At November 11, 2008 at 9:04 PM , Blogger Beverly said...

just found you blog. I too will hope for your life to find your new path. I am also glad your puppy dog is better.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home