Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Apples, apples and more



Well hello there how are you? Time has gotten away from me,
but I am still here.
I made a trip to an apple orchard and purchased Cortlands, Galas, and a misc box of apple seconds. I'll use those seconds for some apple crisp I'm about to make this morning.
Last night my son and some of his friends came by and asked 'are there any cookies or pastries in this house?" And I had to say no, which is unusual because the cookie jar is usually full.
But somehow time is getting away from me.
I spent the day yesterday stripping an ugly fishing wallpaper border in a basement bedroom. This from when we moved here last year, but I just never got to redoing this room. Once that was stripped the wall was a variety of ugly colors, hence I painted that room, which was an unplanned item for my day.
By evenings end the room was painted, window washed, curtains ironed and hung, bed set up and made. I hung two different fabric wallhangings, and the floor vaccumed.
Today I have to hang a mirror and a door, and then the room will be done, ready for fall visitors.
The basement bedroom is off of the poolroom, and has it's own bathroom with shower and it will be great for guests as it is in a private location.

My porch plans were submitted by the builder for the building permit, which we have not yet received but as soon as it is approved, we will proceed with the covered porch.

My husband had an unfortunate incident in India. He was walking close to the hotel and a wild dog bit him on the ankle. He, in consultation with his company dr's decided he needed to fly 5 hours to Singapore for an immediate series of rabies shots.
He made it to Singapore within the 24 hrs of commencing the first vaccine.
He will need to stay there the rest of the week for the 2nd and 3rd shots, and then back to India, then back home for the 4th and 5th shots.

Meanwhile I have more than enough things to do to keep me out of trouble.
Now onto that apple crisp.

7 Comments:

At September 23, 2008 at 12:38 PM , Blogger Ralph said...

Wow, sounds like a very productive time for you, Mim! That whole room in once day. I'm impressed!

What a bummer for your husband. Glad he made it for the shots on time. Will he have to make up for this time away from work in India to finish his project? Stay longer?

 
At September 23, 2008 at 3:42 PM , Blogger Mim said...

Hi Ralph,
I did do it in one day, but it's a tiny room.. big enough for a double bed and dresser and nightstand.
He will be gone the same amount of time; this is the third 3 week trip, home a week, then another 3 week, and by then hopefully finished at it will be nov.
You are leading an exciting life these days too!!!!

 
At September 23, 2008 at 3:44 PM , Blogger Ralph said...

HA! "Exciting" is one word for it....

 
At September 23, 2008 at 5:01 PM , Blogger One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Mim
First thank you for your kind comments. Second you sure accomplished a lot yesterday.
I am so sorry about your husband.
Speedy recovery wishes sent his way.
I am still running half speed.
But better days are coming.

 
At September 23, 2008 at 5:11 PM , Blogger Kat said...

Mim,
I got tired just reading about the stripping and the painting. I have lower my definition of accomplishment since I retired. I have this on again off again system. Today, drats, was on again: cleaning a bit, errands and mindless chores around the house. I'm exhausted!

I'm sorry about your husband having to undergo those shots.

 
At September 23, 2008 at 5:31 PM , Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I love the apple crisp recipe I've been making. Hope yours is delicious! I'd like to have some more apples to dry and make into pies, crisps, etc. Maybe soon....

I'm so sorry about your hubby! Too bad he has to take those shots, but far better than the possible alternative.

I so need to do some cleaning and reorganizing here, but really don't feel up to it right now. Hopefully after I see my Dr. and get started on some meds I'll start feeling better and my energy will come back to me. Of course that's no guarantee I'll want to clean and reorganize, but there's always hope, LOL.

Hope you're having a great day, Mim.

Love and hugs

Diane

 
At October 15, 2008 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Nan said...

How scary, and how hard for you to be so far apart.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home