Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Misty mountain morning



Hi people.
I'm here I'm here, but it's been a little crazy around these parts.
This morning, with some hazy hazy views, I'm trying to figure out if it's summer or fall.
Feels like fall in the morning, but it's been really really hot.
And my husband was here for a short time, and is getting ready to be gone for a really long time again, so we took off.
We took off for a couple of days for a mini vacation in the city, near Starbucks, and shopping, and near two really great malls,and
near nice restaurants.Yes that's because we don't have good shopping near where we live. And we stayed in a really super nice hotel.
We didn't get a 'summer vacation',so this has to suffice for now due to his crazy international work schedule.
So now I'm here working on indoor and outdoor projects, which I will soon share with you.
Most imminently are the weeds outside that seem to be taking over, although it's been really really dry.
But I just wanted to check in and say hello, and I am here, and I've been enjoying not only comments but emails back and forth from some of my internet friends.
Stay well and enjoy the fall.

4 Comments:

At September 9, 2008 at 7:25 PM , Blogger Debbie in CA : ) said...

Your "vacation" sounds delightful. Onlny those in a rural setting can appreciate vacationing near a mall. : ) My weeds are threatening to engulf the gardens too -- but I just scoff at the rampant behavior of my wildflowers. There will be time to get them under control once our weather cools a bit (or so I tell myself daily).

I so enjoy your cozy blog. It exudes friendship all around and homespun joy at its finest. I love visitin' with you (even when you're off on vacation) -- thanks for leaving the light on and the door ajar. ; )

 
At September 9, 2008 at 8:56 PM , Blogger Mim said...

Hi Debbie
It was a fun time and you are right since we aren't close to malls and an urban area it truly felt like a vacation.
Mim

 
At September 10, 2008 at 3:04 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Just stopping by to catch up..I have been missing too...just had alot going like you! Glad you had a good time with your hubby... how long will he be gone this time?

Hope you dont work too hard...and our weather has been like yours. Fall in the morning and summer in the afternoons...still summer in the evenings too...mosquitos are everywhere!

Have a good week

 
At September 10, 2008 at 3:24 PM , Blogger Mim said...

Jess
Thanks for saying hi.
Just working.. but not too hard.
just normal house/garden stuff.
hope all is well
Mim

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home