Picnics, summertime, barbeques
Picnics, summertime, barbeques, fire in the fire pit for smores, and the tiki torches burning. All things of our summertime picnics in our backyard.
This morning the air feels cool, almost crisp, even though it was warm during the day yesteray and is supposed to be high 80's today.
But there are some dry leaves dropping off the trees, and a lot of the plants look like they've had their best growth.
So my patio has probably seen it's best use this summer.
And somehow when it gets cooler in the evening, and dark much much sooner, it feels like summertime is coming to a close.
It's not because I have children going back to school, because mine are grown and off involved in their own lives.
But the bus goes down the street and in the evening, the neighborhood kids aren't outside playing as late.
Fall is defintely trying to make it's appearance, and the cooler air is somehow more rejuvenating.
But for this one day their will be another picnic and another fire in the firepit and candles burning on the picnic table.
Summer is not quite over today.

2 Comments:
Hello dear friend...hoep you have had a good weekend and that you have a blessed week ahead of you.
i can't wait for milder temps and fall leaves!
I am enjoying reading the Blogs of people heading into winter. In the days B.B. (Before Blogs) I don't think I'd have been aware of the world turning. But here we are, celebrating the start of our Long Hot Summer, and you're already looking forward to a crisper season. I put a poem about the Australian Spring on my Blog today.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home