Tuesday, August 26, 2008

More peaches and more sweet corn


I talked last week about local produce and peaches and corn and tomatoes.
Now the farmer called me to see if I want another 5-6 dozen ears of corn to freeze.
So today it's more corn.
And I have more peaches ripe and these will also be frozen.
We will be turning into peaches soon if we don't stop eating them.
So they are being sliced and frozen individually and then packed in 1 qt freezer bags to use in the winter for smoothies, or with yoghurt or in pies.
It is fun, but I am ready to stop freezing produce.
So I am going to enjoy another day with more local goodies.
What do you have planned for today?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At August 26, 2008 at 2:43 PM , Blogger One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Mim I am almost envious of those peaches. When I lived at my country home there was an orchard near by and in the past I have done what you are doing.
They are wonderful!

 
At August 26, 2008 at 4:47 PM , Blogger Mim said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At August 26, 2008 at 4:47 PM , Blogger Mim said...

Well they look wondeful, but they taste and smell even better.
We live near orchards and so I go to the grower directly and buy 1/2 bushel or so at a time.
Today was corn day too, but that is a messy task and so glad it is done.
Mim

 
At August 26, 2008 at 10:18 PM , Blogger Jess said...

More of those posts...huh? lol Just teasing you. Hope all is well with you my friend and try not to work too hard!

Not much going on here except working our booty's off to pay the bills!

 
At August 28, 2008 at 1:10 AM , Blogger mimi said...

thanks for visiting my blog, can't wait to see what you do with all those peaches, the possibilities are endless!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home