A corner of my living room
A teak cabinet from Indonesia found at an apartment sale in Singapore.
A piece I treasure.
I love the mottled gold paint on the teak wood, and the wavy panes of glass.
I like imagining the countries it's been in, or the things it's been used for or the different rooms it was housed in.
Fun to imagine it's previous life which I know nothing about.
I have used it as a cupboard for dishes,
and now am using it for books and collectibles in my living room.
I walk by it a many times a day.
I enjoy it a lot.
Labels: house and home

5 Comments:
it's the 16th, another year rolls by lol!
love that little corner, the cabinet is beautiful...
Hi, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a trail back to you. I love your "corner of the living room." I, too, LOVE to imagine the life my vintage and antique pieces have lived before coming to stay with me. Many came from family, but others were just treasures I found hither and yon. I firmly believe in filling my home with things I love to look at (makes dusting a whole lot more enjoyable). Thanks for sharing your cupboard. : )
Debbie
I think that is why I like antiques so much.
Mim
Mim,
I love peeks into rooms, and I thank you for a wonderful peek. The cabinet is exquisite.
Thanks Kat
It's the chipped paint on teak I love the most about it.
Your Caribbean party last night sounded wonderful.
Mim
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home