Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sunset out my kitchen window


While it is hot, and while things don't seem to be getting done around my house, I still have the nightly event of the beautiful sunsets out my kitchen window, or off of our back deck or sitting on the flagstone patio to watch another day shut down.
I took the afternoon off so to speak yesterday, and decided that an afternoon nap is going to become the norm around here for the next several weeks.
After reading the papers and starting a book I've been wanting to start, I drifted into a nice nap, sleeping too soundly.
I was awakened by a phone call from a neighbor asking me to come over for a glass of iced tea. Then I helped someone whose car ran out of gas.
Later my son came by to look through pictures on my computer.
And so the afternoon and evening went.
The nighttime was broken up with barking by my dog who didn't like the thunderstorm that was going on outside.
I am happy for the little bit of rain we got, and this morning the grass is wet and the bushes and flowers seem to have been watered nicely.
So it's another day and in between the inside and outside work, and taking care of some other tedious business things, I plan on enjoying these hot days of summer.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At July 23, 2008 at 1:06 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Sometimes you just need a nap! And it's too hot to be outside alot.

Love those sunset pics!

Love, Jess

 
At July 23, 2008 at 2:48 PM , Blogger Mim said...

Jess
With your good news, albeit not the schedule you hoped for, maybe you can sneak in a few naps in the eve while hubby is working and baby is in bed!
Good luck with everything.
Yes I love the sunsets.
Mim

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home