Carefree days of summer....
Hello out there... are you still there? Wow I wish I could be as carefree as this laundry hanging on the line.And that is an understatement.
I am here but you wouldn't know it from my lack of posting, reading and responding to blogs like I usually like to do.
Since a week ago,with my small accident,dealing with the insurance co, then evicting horrible renters who trashed our rental property, picking out new carpet for it, and painting the whole place... my life seems to be a runaway train I am trying to jump off of!
In the middle of all of this my very favorite cousin from Pittsburgh came by for two marvelous days of eating, chatting, jaunting around.
Now I am in the process of meal planning, food shopping, organizing, packing the van for our annual 3 night/4 day tent camping trip on the banks of Pine Creek N of Harrisburg PA. My husband's extended family has been doing this since the summer of 1968, the same weekend, when the riots and protests on the mall of Wash DC were held and thus it is dubbed Resurrection City,as was the DC weekend. For those of you interested in 60's culture and Vietnam War protests, the year of 1968 was a momentous year in our country's history.
It is my high school graduating year and it holds such memories as well as historical significance in my political beliefs and values.
So we are off to celebrate family, food, and fun and will be sitting around the campfire every night, storytelling and singing and sharing food.
Volleyball games, and rafting down Pine Creek, bike riding and hiking, are some of the weekends events. It is not a formal reunion by any means, but rather, a getting together hanging out sort of weekend, with really nothing scheduled.
This is also my 40th high school reunion, but as that is in Iowa, and we are at the family weekend in PA I will not be able to make both 40th reunions.
So I am just checking in to say I am here and I hope to soon be back to a routine, as non has existed for the past 2 weeks or so.
In the middle of this frenzy my husband is packing for India for his work adventure.
He will leave the day we get back from camping.
So life is busy and full.....but not carefree.
Labels: life

4 Comments:
Dear Mim...I hope you have lots of fun with family and most of all your husband. We completely understand that life is more pressing than blogging.
Hope you enjoy yourself and that things go okay for you and your hubby.
Love, Jess
Mim, have a great vacation. It'll do you good to get away from the mess at home--don't worry, it'll be there when you get back! But you'll be in good shape to tackle it!
Enjoy your time away with family. Safe journey!
Love and hugs,
Diane
Whew! It's all too much sometimes, isn't it, even when some of the 'too much' is good. I hope your time away will be wonderful and refreshing.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home