One year later.. remembering Provence
One year later July 1,2007, the day we returned from our two week vacation in Provence, brings back such happy memories.
My husband had a work related conference in Lyon, then we took the train to Marseilles, and rented a car and drove to our friend's home in Provence.
They were getting married the next day, and that evening a party for all guests was held under the stars at their restored home.
Beautiful, too beautiful for words is Provence. The sights, sounds, food,wine, people all just so delightful.
The next day, the wedding day, we all walked in procession to the town hall where they were married, then by car caravan drove 45 minutes to the hotel amidst the lavender fields where the wedding reception was held and all guests were lodged for the night.
It was such a once in a lifetime event, that thinking about it a year later, it is as if it just happened.
We will cherish this memory forever.
The pictures speak for themselves of the sights as we drove along.

6 Comments:
Mim,
Those lavender fields are gorgeous. I can only imagine how glorious they smelled.
I have lavender in my garden.It is just about my favorite plant.
The wedding sounded wonderful. Thanks for sharing the memory.
Kat,
Yes travel memories are so fun. I know you love to travel and I am still catching up on both your blogs. You've been blogging a long time and I am just a baby blogger.
Mim
It's wonderful that you had those 2 weeks in Provence and now have your memories to cherish.
I sure couldn't tell you what I was doing a year ago without looking at my blog to jog my memory!
Hope y'all have a great 4th, Mim. Enjoy your guests and your party. :o)
Love and hugs,
Diane
It really, really sounds perfect. I love the walking together. The pictures are so beautiful - just as I imagine Provence to look. Have you read all the Peter Mayle books about moving there?
Nan
Yes I have read Peter Mayle's books and now that I've been to Provence I feel I should reread them. I know you reread books you've read and I love to do that too.
The walking experience to the registars office felt like a scene from a movie, with the townspeople waving as we walked by and dogs coming out to join the procession.
Mim I am reading some of your post. You started your blog about the same time I started mine.
Oh, Provence - my dream that has not come true.
We have a lot in common except one thing. I am without a travel companion and have not felt brave enough to set out on my own and do not want to be part of a tour group. So I just wait for it to happen. This lady believes in miracles.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home