Sunday, August 3, 2008

Another One


Here is another one from yesterday.
My family will probably put on my tombstone 'she loved sunsets.'
But you know that isn't such an awful thing is it.
I get my love of the weather and the time of sunrise and sunsets from my dad.
He is going on 89 and still calls me and informs me of the weather and the time of sunrise and sunsets.
He doesn't use the Internet so this information he gleans from newspapers and watching the weather channel.
Although he and my mom now live in a small apartment in a retirement community, he has a little spot on the grounds behind the complex where he gardens.
He just yesterday shared tomatoes and zinnias from that space.
Growing up in the Midwest, in corn country where it was very flat, and we could see for miles, the topography was much different than here in the mountains.
But the interest in weather, and geography, and the seasons and love of the outdoors and gardening and plants, I learned it all from my dad.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At August 3, 2008 at 8:50 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Happy Belated Birthday..so sorry I have been busy! Hope it was a good one for you. How are things?

We are doing better. Thank goodness!

I like the sky period. Clouds, sun, stars, moon....it's all beautiful to me!

Have a great week

 
At August 3, 2008 at 9:17 PM , Blogger Mim said...

Thanks so much Jess
Life sure takes priority over blogging.
Glad your hubby got a job.
Good news for you all three.
Mim

 
At August 4, 2008 at 7:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday! I'm an August birthday too..

i love the sunsets, oh and love laying out in the dark star gazing

 
At August 4, 2008 at 8:21 AM , Blogger Mim said...

Sarah.
Stargazing in the night sky... now that is divine.
Thanks for stopping by.
Love your blog.
Mim

 
At August 4, 2008 at 9:27 PM , Blogger Debbie in CA : ) said...

How sweet! I never tire of sunsets or ocean waves or roses in bloom or ... each one uniquely wonderful. (Your dad sounds PRECIOUS! Lucky YOU!) ; )

 
At August 5, 2008 at 8:26 AM , Blogger Mim said...

Debbie
He is a gem.. He is such an energetic and interesting man.
I am lucky.
Mim

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home