Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ao Doi Schoolgirl uniform


Thought you might like to see a favorite painting of mine.
The all white Ao Doi school girl uniform is traditonal attire in Vietnam.
This painting of traditional Vietnamese school girls is one of my favorite purchases from overseas.
We bought this in Hanoi Vietnam from the area there where artists abound.
It is an area in Hanoi where local artists paint knockoffs of well known Vietnamese artists.
The tourist trade is their livlihood.
Just watching the artists paint is an experience in itself.
I enjoy this painting everyday as it hangs over my mantel.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At July 30, 2008 at 8:10 PM , Blogger Jess said...

I like this painting...did you watch them paint this very painting? I bet it was amazing!

 
At July 30, 2008 at 10:21 PM , Blogger Kat said...

Mim,
This painting is perfectly lovely. You make me want to travel to Vietnam.

 
At July 31, 2008 at 7:43 AM , Blogger Mim said...

Jess,
We didn't actually see this one, but one similar, as it is oil and it takes awhile to dry.
They roll the canvases and they fit compactly in the suitcases.
The whole area where the painters are is amazing.
Mim

 
At July 31, 2008 at 7:45 AM , Blogger Mim said...

Kat
I'll post something today about Halong Bay near Hanoi. Google it as there is so much to see. Vietnam, next to Ubud, Bali, is my favorite place I've been I believe.
Mim

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home