A look through my living room to the outside
I feel lucky... I was sitting on my couch the other night and had my camera in hand trying to catch a shot or two of my front porch hummingbirds.
About that time I looked West and caught this view through my living room, dining room and to the western sky.(sorry about the flash)
The last 3 1/2 weeks have been incredibly busy, exhausting, frustrating, totally overwhelming and a true learning experience.
We never intended to be landlords and have a rental property. But due to our overseas living and a purchase 6 yrs ago of a tiny duplex,for our home visits,and a downturn in the housing market here,we decided to keep it for now.
Due to renters who violated many of the hoa's restrictions they had to leave. Plus they trashed the place in two months.
So we've totally redone the inside of it, including new carpet, paint,new door locks and reseeding part of the back yard.
I am exhausted. It is rented to a cute young couple and they move in today.
We had our walk through last eve, and today I am going to get caught up on my own house, and the papers, and naps, and emails.
And then tomorrow I need to get started on some projects here at home.
Lots to do.
But today is going to be about rejuvenation and rejoicing, that this past months craziness is over. And watching my hummingbirds.
Labels: house and home

4 Comments:
Glad you are going to have some down time... How is your hubby doing? Did he make it okay...and how are you through all this? (if you don't mind me asking)..
To answer your question... purple roses are either grown that way or died...I like them either way, but we can get them from lots of florists and then wal*mart and kro*ger have them every once in a while and they are mixed with pink. To get the blue/purple they are expensive!
But anyways...my favorite color is purple and I just happened to see a purple rose one time and I fell in love!
Hope all is well with you and have a great week.
Jess
Thanks for asking.. he's there a week and doing ok. It's like he expected.. the city of 8 mil very crowded and driving is chaotic. Takes him an hour to get to the plant from where they are staying.
It sounds like he's ready to be back already! Will be there 3 wks, home a week, and then back to India til Oct.
I am doing ok. Kind of you to ask!
You take care too.
Mim
Jessica beat me to it - I was about to ask how you're doing with your hubby away. Glad to hear he made it there and is settling in.
Hope you can relax a little now and have more time to yourself!
Happy new week! :o)
Love and hugs,
Diane
Diane
Thanks for stopping by to say hi..
How was your sunday meal... I imagine everyone loved it.
Hope you are staying cool...it sounds so hot where you are.
Mim
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home