Birthday bouquet
Yes it's true today is my birthday.
Lots of celebrating with friends has been going on at different events all week.
Last night my son took me to the new Kevin Costner movie,'Swing Vote' and to dinner.
It was a pleasant surprise; parts of his alcoholic character weren't fun to watch, but overall I thought is was much better than anticipated.
Today will be breakfast with my parents at their retirement complex.
Then I will enjoy the day with my errands of farmer's market, library, bank and maybe another movie or a visit to B and N to buy a book I've been wanting.
So the day is starting out cooler and somewhat stormy with thunder, and the anticaption that we might get rain.
This means I might get to do some baking I've been wanting to do, but haven't wanted to turn on my oven for weeks due to the 90+ temps.
Some neighbors of mine are asking(begging) for my walnut chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, so today just might be the day to do that.
I am looking forward to a very good day.
Labels: Family, friends, house and home

8 Comments:
Lovely bouquet, Mim! And Happy Birthday, my friend! I'm glad your friends and family have been celebrating with you. I know you miss your hubby and he misses being here for your special occasion.
It's already 85F at 9 am, headed for 100F here. Ugh! We desperately need rain but it ain't likely. Enjoy your (hopefully) rain and cooler day.
Love and hugs,
Diane
Diane,
Thanks so much!
Wish I could send some of this cooler weather your way.
Mim
Happy birthday! The cookies sound great--never make 'em myself 'cause then I'd eat 'em! But a birthday indulgence is always in order.
Raining here in DE. We're going to see "Mamma Mia" later, just for the cheap thrill....
Ralph
Thanks!
oh it's a good cheap thrill!
We saw the live production in Singapore from an Aussie troupe and it was great.
I really enjoyed Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan in this one.
And it makes Greece look like a place I want to visit.
I hope you enjoy the dancing and music.
Mim
Mim,
I'm sorry I missed your birthday. I hope it was perfect and may all your wishes come true!
Kat
Thanks so much.
It was a great day and lots of lunches and dinners and flowers.
I needed today to recover!
I saw you said you have baltimore orioles. I have not seen one since my growing up Iowa days.
I do have bluebirds.
Mim
Happy Birthday (pardon my belatedness). My husband had his Bday on the 3rd. It was pretty warm out here in the lower Sierras of CA, but we fired up the oven and baked a cake just the same. We're a scratch-lovin' family -- no store-bought or mix would do. We endured the heat knowing we had buttercake and satin chocolate icing as a reward -- yummy! Nothing tastes quite as good as a birthday cake (those calories mustn't count the same way as regular ones). : )
Debbie,
Scratch for us too! Yeah for the oven.
I haven't turned mine on for days.
My husband is away on a business trip, but my son and his roomates, baked me cupcakes, candles and sang, at the end of a BBQ they had. It was special.
Mim
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home