I love catmint
I love this catmint( Faassen Nepeta). No it's not catnip. This has tiny blue flower and blooms almost all summer.Grows easily in dry or clay type soil. Tiny little butterflies love it.
I use it combined with lavender in my landscaping, as it seems to survive with little watering, and it seems to like anywhere I plant it.
I've had to be outside watering everything like crazy.
Because it's been so dry all of July here in Virginia, I lost two of my new large hydrangeas. That has never happened to me. I've been growing them for years but not sure what happened.
Also trying to resuscitate some cornflowers and a few other perennials.
There just hasn't been enough moisture in the soil.
About now the lawn mowing comes to a halt, and the grass gets wispy beneath our feet.
Today actually it felt like the 90+ heat wave broke and I don't have the ac on and the windows all are open. And the breezes are blowing.
It was actually in the 50's when I went out very early to get the papers.
I have no doubt it will be hot as blazes soon, but the respite this weekend is just lovely.
I made my Saturday batch of cookies, cleaned the house, made a run(drive) to the farm stand down the road for flowers, cantaloupe,green beans and sweet corn.
Yesterday I got 1/2 bushel of Red Haven peaches at a local orchard and plan to freeze the peaches tomorrow.
They are just not quite ripe enough today.
So for the rest of this low humidity cooler temperature Saturday I'm going to drink my iced tea and enjoy the breezes, and hopefully fall asleep soon to a Saturday afternoon nap.
Labels: gardening

2 Comments:
Hello mim... you think it's been hot there....come to Arkansas! It's been awful, but the last 2 days have felt better because it hasn't been so humid.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend. How's your hubby?
As Jessica said, it's been cooler and less humid here the last couple of days. We have a promise of some much needed rain tonight/tomorrow and I hope we get a good soaking.
Hope you got that nap and have a great Sunday. :o)
Love and hugs,
Diane
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home