Lazy hazy hot Wednesday
It's a lazy hazy very hot Wednesday and the plants and flowers and grass all seem to be withering.
The heat has been relentless for days, and little to no rain.
I feel withered and listless myself.
I put all my projects on hold as I feel no motivation.
It feels like afternoon naps, and lazy days with newspapers and books.
The weeds want to rule my flower beds and it is hard not to let them.
The sky started out cloudy, and a few drops of rain on the windows, but no, nothing more.
Then it became hazy, and calm, too calm.
Soon after the winds started, thankfully.
However the sun is now blazing hot, and no wind or rain.
So I know these hot August days will soon be over, so for now I will
enjoy the laziness and lack of motivation I feel.
How about you, how are you coping with the heat and the lazy days of summer?
Labels: seasons

4 Comments:
Hello dear Mim...how are you these days? We are doing ok... I have my surgery coming up on Friday so I have been very busy with paperwork and cleaning...and just too hot to go out much...
Have a great rest of the week
HI Jess
I'll be thinking of you and saying a prayer for you for Fri surgery.
I know you want relief!
But you keep on cleaning don't you?!
Hows that little cutey pie doing these days?And your husband's new job? with swing shift? Is he adjusting?Hang in there til your surgery.
Mim
Mim
As opposite to the weather here as possible. Grass is still green and growing, but we don't get it mowed often enough because of the rain or the wet from the day before. Amazing. I'll take it over heat anytime, though.
Nan
Right it's the heat that does me and my lawn and plants in.
Like it cool and like the rain.
Mim
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home