Summer is flying by
Somehow summetime is flying by.
Where is it going. Whoa, slow down.
I love summertime and some days the heat wears me down. Then there has been the last 5 days of wonderful lower temps and low humidity and it feels like it will soon be fall.
This is what is so lovely about the seasons.
Anticipating the change, and enjoying what season we are in currently.
Both contrasts I love.
Somehow all the gardening plans of March and April are giving way to the drier temperatures and the slowing of the growth season.
My husband is home for a week from his first month away in India.
Soon he goes back for another long stint.
Labor day is around the corner, and we haven't had a summer vacation.
Somehow in the middle of all this craziness of his work travel, and house projects, we have to plan a get away for a week or two.
It's been almost a year since a vacation, and that is much too long to not take a break from the routine of life.
Just checking in with all of you to say hello, and sorry I've been missing but life has been busy and full.
Labels: seasons

3 Comments:
I agree that Summer is nearly gone, it seems. But I am so ready for Fall this year. I have enjoyed the cooler, less humid days we've had for the last week or so.
Enjoy your time with your hubby, Mim.
Love and hugs,
Diane
Just enjoy your time with your hubby and enjoy your rest of the summer and vacation.
The fullness and busy-ness of summer is all around here too. I shall tether a fleeting day and ride where it takes me. Summer is far too short for so many "musts." Vacations are a state of mind for me ... I encourage them often. ; )
Our heat has subsided and the gardens beckon. So much to do ... but still too hot and dry for much beyond the evening session of weeding or deadheading. I dream of fall and bulb-planting time. And then spring ...
But for now, I shall sip a cool tea and smile as the unexpected breeze kisses my cheeks. I imagine you doing the same.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home