Saturday, August 23, 2008

Crazy beautiful and early


For any of you walkers,or just plain early birds, if you can, make yourself get up 1/2 hour or so before sunrise.Check the sunrise times in your area and set the alarm clock on purpose for an early start.
By the time the sun comes up the light has filtered down the beautiful colors of the sky.
This morning the sky was this crazy beautiful color and it was just a feast for my eyes.
I will say 5:45 am feels very early, but once I am outside I can't stop snapping pictures, as well as walking my dog.
But the air is crisp and very cool, and the colors are much different even 15 minutes later.
Try it and see if it doesn't motivate you to walk even further.
So rejuvenating.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At August 23, 2008 at 6:48 AM , Blogger Ralph said...

I'm up at that time or earlier every day, Mim. Here in Arlignton, you only get a hint of what the sunrise might look like through all the utility poles and building profiles. You've got heaven down there to wake up to.

 
At August 23, 2008 at 8:19 AM , Blogger Mim said...

Ralph
That's right...you are an avid walker. How far do you walk each morning? I am going to up my miles to counter attack all of corn on cob and peach cobblers!@!! if you know what I mean.
We do have heaven here..and our house is on a ridge, yet in town, so we have sunrise n sunset!
How is your bathroom curing? Ready to shower yet?
Mim

 
At August 23, 2008 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Ralph said...

I'm still doing my walks but they're a bout two miles now instead of three--I cut back on the distance when various pains flared up. Now that I've figured out how to use the medecine without falling asleep and the pain has subsided, I need to add that extra mile back! Maybe when the "new year" starts after Nags Head.

We took the first shower yesterday. Steve is putting on the final coat of wall paint and will be hanging all the new towel bars, etc., over the weekend. I bought all the accessories yesterday--new trash can, toilet brush holder, soap dispenser, etc., etc., etc.
The new mirror has a gunmetal silver frame, so everything is more-or-less along those lines. A HUGE difference from the old pink! I hope to have pics Monday.

 
At August 23, 2008 at 10:05 AM , Blogger Mim said...

Ralph
You've inspired my projects again.
Several wks ago I put house projects on hold as we always had something in a mess. Now that it is becoming cooler, and less busy I think we can start our projects again.
Your bathroom sounds really updated and nice. Can't wait to see the pics.
Good for you on 3 miles. I am happy when I do two!
Mim

 
At August 23, 2008 at 11:47 AM , Blogger Debbie in CA : ) said...

I'm typically a "sunset" kinda girl, but your beautiful pics have tempted me to set an alarm next time I am in a place that can see the sunrise. We are on the west side of the Sierras, so sunrises lack a bit of the ooomph found in other places; oh but the sunsets ... God has an amazing artist's touch -- He's the Master. : )

 
At August 23, 2008 at 1:18 PM , Blogger Mim said...

Debbie
Well I am usually a sunset person too, but I believe the cooler nights here in the east, as fall is trying to appear, are making for some wonderful sunrises. So I must get up and enjoy them.Soon the days will be shorter and it won't be necessary to get up so soon, but for now I don't mind.
Glad you are going to start sunset watching too.
Mim

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home