Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Building a porch


This is view of the front of the house and part of the front porch. This picture just shows a portion.
It is only 6 feet wide and 35 feet long.
We will be putting a similar porch on the back, but it will be 8 feet wide and 35 feet long, and have similar posts like this one. Although in the back it will be look different as the tiny back yard slopes.
We want to be true to the style of this mid century 1968-year-it-was built house.
Because the construction will involve roof trusses and also demolition of a back deck, under which is a fallout shelter/root cellar, there will be a bit of demolition.
So I will take pictures of the before so at the end of the project I can post before/afters together.
Well the construction will begin soon and the mess and dirt and noise won't be fun, but the end result sure will be.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At August 27, 2008 at 9:05 AM , Blogger Ralph said...

Always exciting, Mim! I'll be anxious to follow the progress.

 
At August 27, 2008 at 3:31 PM , Blogger Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Mim, thanks for stopping by & leaving me a note. Your kitchen reno plans sound like they will be great. I love to see creamy white painted cabinets, an instant update.

Rhoda

 
At August 27, 2008 at 3:39 PM , Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

It'll be interesting to watch the changes as the remodeling progresses.

Happy Hump Day, Mim. Have a great rest of your week! :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At August 27, 2008 at 4:42 PM , Blogger Debbie in CA : ) said...

Today my painter arrived to begin the paint work on the new decking and also repaint the eaves. I am oh so tired of the steady stream of workers, but the nearly-finished decking makes me smile WIDE! :D Hassle? Yes! Worth it? ABSOLUTELY! I'll post pics when they're done. )I'll be praying for your patience throughout the beautification process. Can't wait to see the final pics.) ;)

 
At August 27, 2008 at 6:01 PM , Blogger One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I have built and remodeled a number of times. Always exciting but you will happy when it is finished..
I am in my new smaller home and did not finish the upstairs. Having thoughts of doing it at this time. Just hate to go through the process when I am finally settled.
Good Luck

 
At August 27, 2008 at 7:37 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Can't wait to hear all about it!

I'm still playing catch up, but my house is all clean and all the dishes and laundry is done, and... i have been cooking supper religously! Ha...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home