Saturday, August 30, 2008

Little Lamb Hydrangea



I bought this huge 'little lamb' hydrangea last year for my birthday.
It's a container pot and I kept it that way.It survived the winter without planting it in the ground.
It bloomed again this year and due to the dry weather we've been having, and the shorter days, the flower heads are beginning to dry.
I have many other varieties of hydrangeas that are planted directly in the ground but for some reason this one did really good in it's very huge pot.
I so enjoy it as it begins to take on the fall colors, turning from bright white, to duller white and eventually a fall sort of color.
I want to enjoy these waning days of summer, with cooler evenings and mornings.
It is hard to adjust, once again to shorter days, with it getting darker in the evenings.
But fall is coming and the seasons are changing.
Yesterday and today feel like fall, as it has been gloomy and grey due to the two consecutive days we've had with rain. Very unusual, as it has been very dry with little rain the past two months.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At August 30, 2008 at 1:08 PM , Blogger One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Mim, beautiful flower. Yes, this morning was a challenge. But I did it. Have a great day.

 
At September 3, 2008 at 5:45 PM , Blogger Debbie in CA : ) said...

I simply MUST get one of these little lambs for my gardens. I just LOVE hydrangeas, and this is a new one for me. Thanks for the tips about potted versus garden planting. I'm on the hunt for this cutie!

p.s.
Deck being painted today. Hmmmm ... is there an end in sight? : )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home