Saturday, September 6, 2008



Flowers from the garden and a few last peaches from an orchard.
I want more peaches but haven't found any local this week at our orchards in this community. Too bad.
We sure did enjoy the peaches we found.
The last I found were white peaches, and oh were they sweet and delightful.
We ate them fresh everyday and I didn't process them in any way or add sugar.
No jam, no cobbler, no homemade ice cream... just peeled sliced fresh peaches.
Oh so good.

On my last trip to the orchard a week ago I got some apples and made applesauce my way.
Peeled the apples, sliced, added enough water to cover, and cooked until very soft.
I didn't use the food mill, but merely mashed with a heavy spoon.
Fresh golden applesauce with no sugar added. The apples were sweet and didn't turn brown and it tasted fresh and good.

I think we are headed for a rainy weekend due to the hurricane coming on the eastern seaboard, so I won't be getting my outside weeding done.
But that's ok.
More time to read.
or make more applesauce.
What are you doing this weekend?

3 Comments:

At September 6, 2008 at 4:21 PM , Blogger Debbie in CA : ) said...

I, too, am enjoying fresh unadulterated peaches and dancing on my deck. Yes, the painters wrapped up tarps and stowed brushes and drove away today. I shall have to dance with care as I still lack a deck railing, but for today I smile and freely look out the windows without seeing the smiling face of a paint-spattered worker. Ah! 'Tis the life! : )

 
At September 6, 2008 at 8:27 PM , Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I have fresh apples from a friend and neighbor. I think I'm going to make an apple crisp for Sunday Dinner, and I plan to dry some of them in my dehydrator too.

Church tomorrow, then probably lunch here, then church again Sunday night.

Hope your weekend is going well, Mim. :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At September 6, 2008 at 10:45 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Resting..I hope! WE have had rain all week so today I took Em to the park to play since it was pretty.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home