Friday, September 5, 2008

Bailey's Hot Too


Whew--we've just had 3 days of 90 degrees each day.
The days start out cool and breezy, but increasingly stifling toward evening.
Somehow in this heat, even with the ac on, Bailey tries to hide under the kitchen table.
His usual spot is his dog bed or the wood floor in the kitchen.
But for some reason he's just recently started sprawling under the table.
Maybe it's how we gravitate to shade trees when we sit outside to protect us from the sun.
I wouldn't think anything about it, but it's a recent change and he seems to enjoy the fact I look everywhere for him, or call his name, and then suddenly I realize where he is.
He is 8 1/2 yrs and I certainly hope old age isn't calling his name.
Looks like today, before the hurricane winds and rain start, even in inland VA, that we will have one more hot day.
I want to enjoy it while I can as the cold windy fall will soon be here.

3 Comments:

At September 5, 2008 at 10:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Dogs respond so weirdly to weather. My basset is extremely hyper now that we're having hurricanes. LOL

 
At September 5, 2008 at 11:39 AM , Blogger Mim said...

Rachel,
Yes he's a cavlier king charles spaniel which means he doesn't usually leave me out of his sight, except lately when he found this spot and seems to have fun hiding.
Oh no are you close to the hurricanes?
Stay safe.
Mim

 
At September 5, 2008 at 5:59 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Poor Bailey! I'd want to get under a shade too! lol

Have a good weekend and stay cool. It has really been chilly here today!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home