Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Very sick little dog


"Updated at 4 p.m.
I took Bailey back to vet office; his temp dropped 5 degrees... listless.
I stayed with him 2 hours and am now going back to drive him to the emergency vet hospital in another town as we don't have one. They want him on IV's all night;
his blood tests now show kidney problems, not liver. "

For Bailey it's just been a very long month since we learned he has liver problems and possible liver failure.
He was better for several weeks, but once again since Monday he's been nauseated.
Yesterday he was at the vet's all day on an IV and all of the vets there seem stumped.
They assume it's liver, or the medications for his seizures or????
He is very lethargic and hasn't eaten since Sunday.
He is only 8 and I hope this isn't the end, but things are not looking too good, as he isn't responding to treatment.

As everyone knows it is also election day. It's been a long long almost two years of this election. I just want all the calls and advertisements and mail and pundits to be finished for awhile. After all in two more years it will start all over again.

My husband has returned from his 4 month work assignment in India; now there is uncertainty if he will even have his job after Friday. Friday the vp comes from another state to meet with him; then we will know.
The corporate world is very stressful right now and it's filtering down to us and many of our friends. Much uncertainty.

So for today I want to enjoy Bailey, turn off the pundits and tv, try to do a better job at waiting and relax a little.

The roof is going on the porch today and hope it goes on before the rain begins.It's a dreary,cloudy, fall day. I will post a before picture as soon as I get a moment to load the pictures I've taken onto the computer.
October flew by and I have no idea where it went.
I promise .. I will try harder to stay in better touch.

9 Comments:

At November 4, 2008 at 12:22 PM , Blogger Debbie in CA : ) said...

'Tis a good day to rest in prayer. So sorry to hear about more troubles for poor Mr. Bailey, but very glad to hear your husband has returned. I shall include you in my prayers as you await the Lord's answers in so many areas.

I am devoting myself to home and beauty and love and joy and prayer today -- no internet news (we have no tv). I know God is in control and I pray we are found to be an ignorant Nineveh set to receive mercy rather than an evil Sodom slated for destruction. God be praised, He is in control. I shall sit under his wing today and sing His praises. Wanna join me? : )

 
At November 4, 2008 at 1:56 PM , Blogger Ralph said...

Mim, all I can say is I know what you're going through. Please do keep us posted on the job situation, and about Bailey. When it rains, it pours....

 
At November 4, 2008 at 2:56 PM , Blogger Nan said...

Poor, poor little Bailey.

 
At November 4, 2008 at 6:56 PM , Blogger Kat said...

Mim,
I'm so sorry I haven't been by to visit in the last few days. I know how horrid it is when your dog isn't doing well as I went through that with my Maggie three years ago. I hope and pray Bailey will be well.

 
At November 4, 2008 at 9:48 PM , Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I voted last week, so that's behind me. No matter the outcome, in God I trust.

I'm so sorry poor Bailey is still so sick. I hope you have some answers and a treatment plan to help him feel better soon.

I'll pray for your hubby, that God's will be done regarding his job.

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At November 5, 2008 at 11:55 AM , Blogger judy in ky said...

Please give little Bailey a gentle pat for me.

 
At November 5, 2008 at 4:08 PM , Blogger One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

So sorry about your Bailey.
Will be thinking about you and remembering you on all you have shared. The porch sounds wonderful and you will enjoy it.
Take Care.

 
At November 5, 2008 at 4:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mim, thanks for your nice words on my blog. I don't get it either. I'll be sure to keep checking in with you and poor Bailey. :o(

Elena

 
At November 5, 2008 at 5:25 PM , Blogger Susan said...

Winnie Dixon and I are sending lots & lots of love and healing good wishes to your sweet Bailey and my thoughts are with you both.
love from Nova Scotia, Susan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home