Friday, October 10, 2008

Bailey


This is a Bailey update.
Bailey's bloodwork came back yesterday and one of his liver functions is 4x the level it is to be. The other liver function is 10x the level.
So he does not yet have liver failure, but more like big liver problems.

After a thorough question and answer time and putting our two heads together the vet and I determined that he may be toxic from phenobarbital he's on 2x day for seizures which developed 4 years ago, when we flew him 32 hours to Singapore with us when we were living there.
So she is unsure if his symptoms that I took his to the clinic Wed are related to liver damage, or if it is coincidental. He is not acting like he did Wed when I took him to the clinic. For 3 days he's been on the prescribed meds, and is begging for food once again but staying right by my side.
Today I took him back to the vet for a liver funciton test, and results will be in Monday.
We shall see.
Right now he is curled up next to me as I type.
Hopefully Monday we will get a good prognosis or at least a course of action to reverse the liver problems.

6 Comments:

At October 10, 2008 at 4:12 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Praying for your pooch. I know that when anything happens to our pets it stresses us and worries us. Praying for you and Bailey.

 
At October 11, 2008 at 7:16 AM , Blogger One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Bailey I hope you are soon better.
You have the same name as my little granddaughter's dog.
Have a great day.

 
At October 11, 2008 at 9:10 AM , Blogger judy in ky said...

Bailey looks like a little dear. I hope he gets better soon. Please let us know. I was just talking to my doctor about elevated liver function tests yesterday.

 
At October 11, 2008 at 2:08 PM , Blogger Debbie in CA : ) said...

Hello, my sweet friend,

I have been away for a while as I have been tangled up in all sorts of stresses of life (even my blog has bamboozled me this week -- eeek!).

I have untangled and recovered enough to have a smile on my face as my fingers dance across the blogdom to some of my favorite but neglected blogs.

Although I have not been visiting, I have been praying often for your husband. In fact, earlier today I was lingering in conversation with my husband and he mentioned you (referring to your comment about how caustic the political environment has become since you were away from the US -- so TRUE!); I immediately wondered how your husband had faired with the shots and came here to see. I will continue to pray and now add Bailey's kidney issue/your concern to the list.

We had a kitty with kidney issues that the doctor pronounced fatal. I'm happy to say Mr. Bingley is still with us a year later and healthy as can be. Docs only have statistics to work with; God designed immune systems even for dogs and cats. Hope Bailey lays off the crickets (I thought they were GOOD luck), and recovers. Food and water desire is a GREAT sign.

I'm off for now (as I've blabbed long enough). It's always a joy to come see you. I look forward to seeing the new deck. I LOVE my deck (though the process of building it was such a pain). Hang in there and smile -- God's got it all under control. (Now if I would only remember that I'd have a much better time of it.)

XO ~~ : )

 
At October 11, 2008 at 5:38 PM , Blogger Kat said...

Mim,
We are all hoping and praying the problem is related to the meds.

 
At October 15, 2008 at 2:06 PM , Blogger Nan said...

Our late Collie was on phenob. for his epilepsy, and the vet said liver problems could develop. My thoughts are with you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home