The blooms are fading and it is fall
The blooms are fading and the leaves are dropping.
It is below 50 degrees at night and the days are shorter.
The sunset arrives earlier, and it is much easier to sleep later in the morning.
The rains yesterday and today are helping the dry dry foliage and soil.
The apple crisp was made, and another made to give to a friend.
I am stocking my pantry with soup making supplies.
I made a trip the to the farm stand and purchased a very large,dark pink mum.
It is beautiful.
It is sitting at my door with a large orange pumpkin and 3 crook necked pumpkins, ready to be made into pies.
It is my ode to fall.
I clipped some purple spikes from my Russian sage, and placed inside in a vase with some purple mum flowers and some other outdoor foliage.
The wooden basket on the kitchen table is full of multi-colored gourds and white egg gourds and some orange nandina berries.
I also placed several green pungent walnuts, next to this still life. The walnut tree is on the back edge of my property.
Cider is in fridge and the fans haven't been turned on all week.
It's Friday and another week is gone.
No weekend plans yet but that is ok.
I am ready for fall.

4 Comments:
Sounds like you are really ready for fall.... hope all is well with you. Thank you for your kind email. I really appreciate it
Hi Jess
Hope you are hanging in there.
It's cold and rainy here.. fall for sure.
Mim
I do love this change of season.
Gravensteins appeared at the market and I scooped up a big bag. Made my first apple crisp last night. Though we sat out on the deck (I'm so thrilled, thrilled, thrilled with it!) under a balmy sky, we ate our apple crisp in honor of Fall. It seems a bit "in name only" with our warm days, yet we know chilliness will be upon us soon and we will celebrate every day of this delightful window between hot and cold.
I love fall. Here's to beef stew, woolen sweaters, and a rainbow of rich color. I'm off to take a walk and see how many new leaves have shed their green-hue in favor of something more appropriate for the season.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home