I didn't mean to
Well hello there, I really didn't mean to disappear.
I really didn't.
Actually I am right here and didn't disappear at all.
This is an evening sky picture from my deck and wow is the weather wonderful.
Just what we want in an autumn forecast.
Cool crisp, with warm sunny days.
It's glorious.
I've been working in overdrive it feels like.
And somehow between reading a few of my favorite blogs, reading a couple of novels I'd started, and of course watching political news, the week somehow disappeared.
I've been working on planting some fall perennials, and getting the flower beds in better shape.
That also has included moving some shrubs and established perennials, to make way for the demolition of the existing shabby back deck.
And not a nice shabby I might add.
So the demolition has begun, and the just approved building permit has arrived.
So you see between construction people, and my own projects,
things are buzzing along in high gear.
Somehow this happens to me in the fall.
The weather is invigorating.
The doors and windows can be open all day and by evening, the cool settles into the house.
But I get so much more done this type of year than in any other season.
In the middle of all of this I am actively job hunting, after an unplanned 6 year break in employment.
I have not yet decided if I am going for full or part time but will depend on what kind of job I decide to take.
So that probably explains the urgency I feel and the necessity to get as much done, in as short time as possible.
So thanks for stopping by and I promise to try really hard and not take such a long unplanned break again.

5 Comments:
Sounds like things are really looking up for you, Mim. Congrats!
Mim, I have missed you. I always turn the computer on first thing in the morning. Like 5:00AM. Everyday you had no entry. I was beginning to be concerned. Thanks for checking in.
All is well. Just busy.
Good luck in all you have underway.
I understand about the time getting away from you. It's happened to me this week, too.
I just put up my Sunday Dinner post and go into a little more detail, but I'm feeling a bit better, Mim.
Thanks for your concern, my friend. I appreciate it more than you know. :o)
Have a great Sunday!
Love and hugs,
Diane
Glad to see everything is okay! Lots of love to you, and hope that you have a wonderful week ahead. Don't work too hard! And good luck with job hunting.
Great post, and I know just what you mean about this time of year energizing you. The only difference is that my windows are shut after being open all summer and the woodstove is going, and all that energy is going inside the house instead of outside.:<) Hope you get the kind of job you'll love.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home