Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Early autumn morning


A very early October morning before the sunrise and as you can see so dark and almost eerie except for the bright orange morning light.
This is a lifeline to my days these weeks.
We are under a bit of stress; between my husband's severe illness reactions from his rabies vaccine(is on #4 shot, one to go), my dog being very sick as well(for a week now), and some deck demolition with many snags.
The vet thinks my dog has acquired something(parasite?) from his bad habit of eating crickets, when we go outside, or we are in the garage and grabs them before I can stop him. Oh and a $189. bill with two kinds of medications and complete blood work being done... yum... tastey crickets.
The existing deck(call it a cement something something, that had shifted from the foundation, under which was a 6o's style fall out shelter. The complications involve foundation, electrical, phone and cable lines and the bulldozer(bobcat) the contractor used for demo.
Much too complicated to go into here, but as those of you who have done home renovations know, one never knows what is there until the demo begins..

So we will keep going.
Of course this is all shrouded my the financial markets, the political bickering, and the general malaise caused by both situations. Urgggh.
So it seems hardly right to list all that is going on around here, when much bigger things are happening elsewhere.
I just wanted to stop by and say hello to you my blog and email friends.
Hope you are holding your heads high and dealing with whatever is happening in your world.
Next time I will have a before and after demo picture, but they are quite alarming and I wasn't quite up to posting them today! Maybe there will be a brand new deck with roof.. maybe but don't know that today!

3 Comments:

At October 9, 2008 at 12:31 AM , Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I don't own anything even resembling stocks, so that aspect of the financial situation doesn't apply to me, although the higher prices and failing economy sure hits close to home. God help us all.

I can well imagine all the unknowns you get into when you start demolishing an old structure like that. Hang in there, it'll be behind you soon, and hopefully you'll have a brand new deck to show for all your efforts and worries.

Take care, and I do hope your hubby and your dog get better SOON!

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At October 9, 2008 at 10:46 AM , Blogger judy in ky said...

I know exactly what you mean about the financial situation, the election, and the feeling of general malaise. It's making us all nervous and uneasy. But it's still good to share what's going on in our own little lives... I think it brings us together in a sense of community. I know I need that!

 
At October 10, 2008 at 7:30 AM , Blogger One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I am well aware of all you are going through with all you shared.
I have built and remodeled 5 homes in 25 years. Also lost my Sadie 6 weeks ago. Never knew what happened so quickly to take my much loved pet. A lot of bills in a short times. Yes the world situation is "what is the right word" to describe.
Take care and blessings sent you way this early morning also get well quickly wishes for your husband.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home