Saturday, October 25, 2008

One last summer bloom


Although it's felt like fall her for several weeks, just yesterday I moved my hibiscus plant inside, with this one flower on it. I noticed it also has a bud ready to bloom, so I hope moving the plant into my kitchen where it stays during the winter, won't disrupt the blooming process.
Today is a cold dreary fall day with rain falling.

The structure/foundation for the deck/covered porch is up and in place, with the steps on and the risers done.
The demolition and repair work to the brick wall near the deck, and other glitches, are all fixed, which slowed the project by 1-2 weeks.
And now that we are entering colder weather and lots of wind on the hill where we live, it will be harder, when the rafters and roof go on.

Bailey had a seizure this week, in the process of weaning him, very slowly from his pheno. and putting him on another medication for seizures.
He is still on medications for ingesting mouse poison, so care of a very sick dog continues.
Of course I don't get the flu and usually proudly say to my friends who get the flu shot that I don't need one, as I don't get sick.
Yes that's right, I've had the flu with high temps for two days, so the fun continues here at home.

I am anxious to get to my list of fall projects and tasks, but for now they are on hold.
So for today Bailey and I will be in front of the fireplace, and for me lots of hot tea, catching up on the papers I was unable to read this week.
Oh and I finally may feel like watching TV and the political news as I missed several days, or did I not really miss anything!!!
This drama will soon be over; well at least the political fighting will be over.
Happy Saturday to all.

6 Comments:

At October 25, 2008 at 12:26 PM , Blogger Ralph said...

Mim, I think in you're in for a stretch of good stuff very soon. You have to be! Oh, the flu. Nothing worse!!! Get better!

 
At October 25, 2008 at 1:12 PM , Blogger judy in ky said...

Thanks for letting us know how Bailey is doing. I hope you and he have a quiet time by the fire, and that you will both feel better soon.

 
At October 25, 2008 at 5:21 PM , Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Sorry you've been sick and that Bailey's still having a hard time of it. Hopefully you're both on the mend now.

Hope the rest of the weekend is good for you, Mim.

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At October 26, 2008 at 7:38 PM , Blogger One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Rapid healing wishes being sent your way. Sit by the fire and drink lots of tea.

 
At October 26, 2008 at 8:22 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Well first of all you need to stop worrying about the to-do list...and worry about getting better! lol I'm not chiding you I promise.. just teasing with you!

Hope Bailey is better too!

Take care dear friend...and no I didn't bake a cake or even go see them...I didn't have the money for the cake stuff...and I had to work alot...

Get better!

 
At October 28, 2008 at 2:47 PM , Blogger Debbie in CA : ) said...

My, my you certainly have been having a time of it. Prayers continue for you and your family (Bailey included, of course).

I love to come visit you because despite the trials that seep into life, you always see the joyful, the hopeful, and the beautiful.

It's a joy to call you "friend."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home