Friday, November 7, 2008

A difficult day


Bailey was able to come home from the vet, off Iv's post surgical diet and care.
He made it through the night here.
I took him on a short walk out the door.
He is moving slowly.
He is better though than he has been since Monday.

In our other news we didn't fare so well.
My husband was 'let go' from the job he has had for 25 years, with very little forewarning.
He just returned monday from a grueling 4 month project.
It is such a let down.
We will need to find health insurance,
and both will need to find jobs.
We are in shock.
I will share more as I can
Thanks for your kindess this week.
It means so much

14 Comments:

At November 7, 2008 at 11:38 AM , Blogger eLiZaBeTh said...

Mim,

So sorry to hear of your struggles this week. You will be in my prayers, as well as your sweet little dog...Thank you for your kind comments on my blog, you brightened my day and I appreciate it. You will get through this...

Elizabeth

 
At November 7, 2008 at 1:30 PM , Blogger judy in ky said...

My thoughts are with you. I am so sorry to hear about the job, it doesn't seem fair.
I am happy to hear that little Bailey is at home with you, and I hope he continues to get better.

 
At November 7, 2008 at 2:52 PM , Blogger Debbie in CA : ) said...

Today I began my day with a prayer for a cup running over so fully that the streaming puddles could flow toward hearts needing refreshment and joy. I see that you need to be caught up in a cascade of His love as you navigate the swirls and eddies of our mixed-up economy and all the bumps and bruises it infilcts.

My husband's business has been dry for the past few months as people waited with baited breath for the election results, economic recovery, and all the rest. The Lord has kept us well and unharmed, but I know my husband carries an extra burden. When he eats a slice of my freshly-baked bread he sighs and smiles and I see relaxation flood him. The cup runs over . . .

I pray the Lord keeps us all as we wait under His wings and rejoice in His love.

I would ask that you pray for my daughter away at university. She sees little value in her current pathway, despite exceptional grades and opportunities to perform with her harp. She seeks God's direction and possibly a change. Please join me in encouraging her with prayer as she seeks His will. (This excites me beyond belief -- a child growing in the Lord and standing firm in the world ... it doesn't get much better than that!!!)

You are in my sweetest prayers today. Lord bless you and keep you. : )

p.s.
I'm so glad your little Bailey is home with you.

 
At November 7, 2008 at 3:07 PM , Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Oh Mim, I'm so sorry about your hubby's job! Jason's employer is reviewing him now and he may be fired after all because he had to leave work to take care of his home and family. We're all praying for Jason's job situation and I'll be praying for you and your hubby too.

So much uncertainty and change now...I have to lean on Jesus. Where else can we turn??

I am so thankful that Bailey is improving and I pray he continues to get better every day.

Love and big hugs,

Diane

 
At November 7, 2008 at 3:46 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Jason ended up losing his job too.. we know how you feel.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm so sorry for this horrible news.

 
At November 7, 2008 at 6:01 PM , Blogger Kat said...

Mim,
I am so very sorry. The world may have hope for the future but the presents stinks!

 
At November 8, 2008 at 12:57 AM , Blogger Amber said...

I came back to see how Bailey was doing. I am so happy he is beginning to do better. He is a beautiful dog.
I am sorry about your husbands job, wish there was something I could say that would help. I don't think I have ever been so grateful for my job as now. I am glad that you have each other.
Sophia sends licks. I send prayers.

 
At November 8, 2008 at 7:34 AM , Blogger One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Mim I wrote yesterday and possibly did something that it did not come through. I am so sorry about all that is happening.
My thoughts and my prayers are with you.
Fondly E

 
At November 8, 2008 at 8:05 AM , Blogger Susan said...

We're so happy to here that sweet Bailey is on the mend but terribly sorry to hear about your husband's job loss. I'm trying really hard to not to worry about the future because it does take so much away from the now. We hope that you can enjoy a worry free weekend with your sweet dog. xo, S

 
At November 8, 2008 at 8:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mim,

I've been a silent reader but strong supporter of your current situations.

I am happy to hear the news of Bailey and send a prayer for his continued recovery.

So very sad to hear about the job loss. I offer this to you - it is a job search that I use daily. Go to Indeed(dot)com. You are able to set this up by job category, region, radius (ex. 25 miles from the location you choose) and then choose the option to have them sent to your email. I have several areas. They arrive like clockwork daily and as a starting point for a job search can ease you in. They have positions from agencies, major job boards, job boards that you have to be in a loop (this is not daily because of the job market itself) but you will learn of new sources - save yourself time in the beginning and find other sites through them that you may want to work with on a daily basis.

Check out your health insurance plan - look at the Cobra section and you will have the info to get you going (for now). Make sure you touch base with the HR department and that you fully understand everything.

I wish you, your husband the Best of Luck in your job search and the Best for Bailey.

 
At November 8, 2008 at 10:29 PM , Blogger Nan said...

Thinking of you, with hope that the future offers good things. And so thankful your little Bailey is there to keep you both company.

 
At November 9, 2008 at 9:29 AM , Blogger Mim said...

Thank you to all dear friends and readers!
I so appreciate your kindness and comments.
I tried to link back to each of your blogs but Linda I will say I appreciate the website, which he has been on this morning.
The first day was too shocking, yesterday still numb.
But we will carry on.
25 years a long time to be with one corporation, and we are too young to both retire.
Bailey hard to walk much as his incision is very long for such a little dog. He is on a very soft food diet, but so far seems as no complications from surgery.
Once again I cherish each one of you.
Mim

 
At November 9, 2008 at 2:47 PM , Blogger Amber said...

I just read your comment and your last comment here to us. I am glad Bailey is still with us and improving even if slowly. I remember the day Sophia was spayed, when I got there to take her home she just looked at me like "Why did you leave me here? Did you see what they did to me? Look, they cut me!". It was heart breaking to see her spirit quiet while she recouped.
Perhaps the only nice thing about your husbands job is that you can take a few hours each day to just be with each other and love each other. No discussing the negatives, just a momentary mini honeymoon.
About becoming filthy stinking rich...I make no apologies. Some people like to tell me that I want to much, which is rude. I wouldn't tell them that I don't want to settle for how little they have. One reason is I want to travel the world, also put my kids through college without them being stressed and working so much, and to make some sort of a difference in the world with my time and efforts. Oh yeah, and a simple loft by the ocean with a pool and a housekeeper named Chad. I am not sure how to do it yet, I am working on a book, but I think that if you can find a need or a niche for people that helps them in this financial uncertainty, then you have found the gold mine.
Be blessed

 
At November 9, 2008 at 9:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about all the bad news hitting you! So unfair. I'm glad Bailey is doing better. Hopefully this economic situation will turn around soon and everyone will be doing better. For health insurance, some people join AARP at 50+ just to have access to additional options in health insurance. My thoughts are with you at this tough time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home