Another corner of my house
Hi I did it again didn't I?
I kinda disappeared, but really I didn't.
I've been right here.
For the last 13 days, since Bailey's surgery he and I have spent a lot of time here in our living room, lately next to the fireplace, recuperating from lots of belly stitches for Bailey.
But the stitches are out, yesterday, and today he is well and happy and begging for food.
That is always a good sign.
On the job termination and new job search.
Well things are a little slow.
It's late November after all and the holidays are coming, and the financial markets are poor.
It's a hard time to lose a job after 25 years and with much experience.
So we are just taking each day as it comes, for after all, there is not much choice to do otherwise.
On our porch , which we started 6 weeks ago, before the job fell out from under us, I had pictures of progress to show you.
But trying to download them on my computer, either my computer or blogger is not cooperating.
So a picture of my comfy couch will have to do for today.
We had our first snow today.
And tonight it is to be 19 degrees. Amazingly cold.
Our wood insert in our fireplace is going strong and that will help keep us toasty as life outside is swirling maddeningly around us.
We go forward and hope.

12 Comments:
I sit beside you in peaceful prayer, my friend. So many are feeling the effects of big changes, but the joy and peace of relying on God to lead the way has created at atmosphere of joy in the moment that carries each of us through the valleys.
The fertile soil lies in the valleys, while the exhilerating moments sit atop the mountains. My life has been filled with both addresses, yet God has never failed me and the joy grows as it is bathed in tears and hopefulness.
May God bless you and keep you warm and dry through the latest storms. Wonderful to hear that your little Bailey is recovering. Enjoy the healing time. Though miles and miles separate our homes, our hearts are linked by heartstrings playing forth in prayer and praises.
Have a blessed day, sweet one. : )
Yay, Bailey is really better. Sophia sends licks and kisses. Be still in your heart, you are not alone. It was nice to hear from you.
Continuing to remember you MIm
Happy for you Bailey is feeling better. Take care and stay warm.
Cold in my area also. Have spent part of day at doctor office. Have an abcessed tooth. Never before. I have never had teeth problems. Ugh
Nice to hear from you, Mim, and the good news about Bailey is welcome. Your tone sounds like you're making peace with the situation--hope that's true. As long as you've got something to live on for a while....my best to you.
Wonderful that Bailey's appetite is back and yes that it usually the ultimate good sign. I am very much an early bird, and I'm usually tucked back into the nest again at 9pm - so early also on the other end. My fireplace insert also keeps us warm & cozy.
cheers from Nova Scotia.
I am happy to know that you have a toasty fire, a comfy couch, and that Bailey is better. Stay warm and give Bailey a hug for me.
Definitly hoping and praying here too... I will continue to keep you guys in my prayers. Glad Bailey is doing so much better... and no news here on jobs either.
Have a good rest of the week.
Love, jess
Hi, Mim!
I'm so happy to see this post! I'm sorry that you haven't had any news yet, but I'm praying that you will hear news soon of a good job.
I'm glad that sweet little Bailey is doing better, and that couch looks like a nice place to cuddle with him! :-)
It's cold here, too, but not as cold as 19 degrees. But we're getting colder weather than usual at this early date.
Just checking on you and wanted you to know!
XO,
Sheila
Mim,
Just hunker down, hug Bailey and stay warm. That couch looks mighty comfortable and inviting.
Your couch sure does look comfy. Sorry to read about your job. Thank you for visiting me. Stay worm with the snow.
Mim, if you read this today, pop over and click on the videos I put links to on my blog. I know how much you love animals, and I think you'll get a chuckle out of them. It's under the heading about the dancing snowball. ;-D
Hope you're doing better and Bailey, too.
XO,
Sheila
I'm happy that Baily is doing well. I've read back through your blog this morning. You have such a lot to deal with right now. I'm so sorry.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home