Our Front Door
When one blogs, we open our front door into our life, don't we.
Little did I know what turn the last 7 months would take.
When I started this we were in negotiations to go back overseas short term(1 yr) on a quality project my husband would be directing.
Then he was assigned to India for four months, and the week he got back, last Monday he was severed from his place of employment after 24.75 years.
Is it due to his age, 59, due to time with the company, poor reviews(never always at the top of his game)or just cost cutting due to the economy?
So we are reeling and unsure. Feeling very vulnerable.
I want to be supportive, but hearing from his colleagues around the world, whom he supported in their work until just last week, when he returned from Japan, Singapore, and India, some things take more than just spousal support.
Certainly this is life changing, and both of us being pre-retirement age, we now need to get our act together and come up with a new course of action.
Of course the corporate world is struggling all around us, isn't it?
Things are uncertain in each sector of the economy.
Those things, and the worst unemployment rates in 14 years, do little help our own financial and emotional anxieties.
So I've welcomed you in my front door, and I have so appreciated your support, and wish you were here to share a cup of coffee with me.
For now thank you so much.
Bailey is walking better, eating more, and soon will be back to his normal affectionate self.

9 Comments:
Mim,
It's hard to know what to say to give you comfort, but please know I continue to pray for you and your family (Bailey included). I can't imagine how you must be feeling, but my heart goes out to you all the same. I'm glad Bailey is doing better. Thanks for that report.
We were hoping to retire, too, in the not too-too distant future, but that's changed as well. I keep reminding myself of a study I read that said people should work until long after retirement age, that it is truly better for your health and keeps your brain active. While adjusting to that notion is going to require a paradigm shift on my part, I'm starting to feel it may well be a blessing in disguise, particularly if those findings are true. :-)
Sending best wishes your way and hoping for brighter news on the horizon for you, your huband, and Bailey...
Sheila
Mim Continuing to visit you through our journal sharing.
My heart goes out to you. I know you and your husband will come up with a new plan. A door will open. You are both very young. Since being solo all I have done is build homes. Last one built at 70.
Prayers sent for comfort and wisdom for you at this time.
When I crossed your threshold I knew I had come to the home of a kindred. We may live TOTALLY different lives (I have three cats to your one doggie), but our hearts beat in unison on the things that matter. Your words have encouraged me so lately. I hope my e-hugs and true prayers warm your heart as well.
Our daily lives have hiccupped around here as my husband's business has shrunk to almost nothing and the township experiences business failures weekly. America will change, but if we stick close to God, love our neighbor, and reach OUT we will prosper in the things that really count. The things that last.
You continue in my prayers. Your open-door policy has invited me to go beyond looking at your pretty things and really concentrate on hugging your gentle spirit. We may be miles away geographically, but the road to a kindred's heart takes but an outstretched hand to cross.
I call you friend. I pray. I hope. I dream the best for you. May God bless you. I have been blessed from the moment I entered the open doorway. Thank you. : )
Much Love,
Debbie
Mim,
It means so much that you visit me, and that I can visit you. I also wish we could just sit and talk together. I guess this is the next best thing. I am so happy to hear that Bailey is doing better. That's one hopeful thing in this uncertain time.
We are nearing retirement age, too. My husband was thinking of retiring next year, but now he knows he can't. I'm so grateful he still has a job, but every day more businesses are closing and going bankrupt here, so anything could happen.
Also, I worked for many years and had a decent 401K, but now it's worth half of what it was. I think our way of life is changing, for all of us. I know you are reeling from shock and uncertainty. Please know that a lot of us out here care. We love hearing from you. Thank you for keeping your door open.
I think it's okay to open your door... helps keep you from holding it all in, blowing up on other people (usually the wrong time, place, and person)... and you know that you never have to meet us in real life! lol
Glad Bailey is getting better...and you know that you are all still in my thoughts and prayers.
Love, Jess
I am happy Bailey is still improving. To you and your husband...many blessings, peace and prayers.
And your front porch is lovely as I am finding that you are.
First of all, I love your real front door! And second, I'm so, so happy Bailey boy is doing better. I hope all the rest falls into place. I don't know your circumstances, but maybe there is a slower, simpler life style awaiting you both. You have each other and that's the most important thing.
Good luck with whatever the future will bing you.
Hello Mim -I'm just now catching up after my trip. a month as a long time away from home!
First, sorry to read about your sweet Bailey's health problems - but so glad to know he's recuperating now.
As for your dh's job termination, what a shock that was for you. I hope so much that something positive will happen soon and he will find a new position. My prayers are with you both. I'm sure you're happy to have him home again.
I wish I was nearer - I'd love to knock at your door and chat over that cup of coffee! So 'chin up' dear, be strong, and know we are all pulling for you and your hubby.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home