Too cold for a cuppa out here
It was 1 degree this morning, yes it was.
But no snow, just cold cold air, when I took Bailey out and got the paper at 6 am.
Guess there will be very little walking outside today.
But that is OK.
And no cup of coffee on our finally finished covered porch.
But that is OK too.
As it is central VA where we live, one morning we will wake up and it will be 50 degrees. And then by the end of February, we get days or moments, where it feels like spring will really be right around the corner.
So for today it's staying inside and the wood stove burning, as well as the furnace running.
Lots of coffee all day instead of just the morning.
And I decided to roast a turkey too, as I had one in the freezer from the holidays, that I didn't use.
It will keep the kitchen warm and also the house will smell like a holiday too.
But I am still waiting for snow, yes at least once this January.

7 Comments:
I love your porch! It looks so inviting. I'm glad to hear about Bailey, hope he's back to good health.
Great porch!!
I'm doing home-made pizza tonight, including my own crust. I mean to do a turkey, too, once this winter. Sounds good!
The temperature is dropping here, too, Mim, but one degree??? Brrrrrrr! Stay warm!
XO,
Sheila :-)
It was 9F here this morning and didn't get about 20F for the high and also really windy. It was sure 'nuff cold! And it ain't hot now.
Have a great weekend, Mim. Hope your turkey was good. :o)
Love and hugs,
Diane
I'm ashamed to say I have the most glorious weather lately, but today I stayed indoors "catching up" on this and that and t'other. I did manage to pop out onto my still-new deck and drink in the fresh air and celebrate the wondrous feel of smooth planks under my feet. I love my new deck as I know you do too. : D Your deck is GORGEOUS!
Hi Mim...I hope your turkey was good and the porch looks great.
I do hope that I didn't push myself into your situation and upset you by that email.
Hope all is well with you and that you have a good weekend
Love you dear friend, and I mean that!
Jess
Mim have been busy with planning country retreat. So checking in.
Your porch is beautiful and you will enjoy many hours enjoying it.
The picture on the following entry is beautiful. Take care
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home