Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It really is winter.



In less than a week we will have a new president.
Tonight we finally have snow in the forecast.

And at my house, we are exchanging all the old 40 year old interior doors with white six panel doors. A long and tedious task, including new hinges and doors knobs.

The sky seems to have fallen in on a few hopes and dreams, but for now I won't get into that.
It seems blogging and reading my favorite blogs is kinda like exercising.
Once one stops it's hard to get back on the routine.
But I am going to try, really try, on both those areas.
When the cold hits and the wind blows here on our ridge, it's so hard to walk that 30 minutes, and so the trusty treadmill in the garage will have to do for now.
Except we've turned our garage into a workshop, and so things remain a bit dusty and sawdust covered.

So it's a new year, with new ideas, and hopefully soon some new jobs, around this corner of the world.
Meanwhile we are doing our fixing and tweaking of house projects we started last year.

The new covered porch, while much too cold to sit out there, but believe you me the first warm day we will have our coffee there.

And thanks for sticking with me even when I haven't been around.

8 Comments:

At January 14, 2009 at 11:49 AM , Blogger judy in ky said...

Mim, I have days when I have nothing to say, too. But I always check on my favorites, and you are one of them. It's always good to hear from you.
A new year, with new ideas... I think we all need that.

 
At January 14, 2009 at 12:36 PM , Blogger Ralph said...

Hi, Mim. Was wondering how things were going for you guys. It's nice you can at last with at least some of the house projects you had planned. I can tell the proch is going to be really nice.

Know what you mean about outdoor exercise in this weather. I got out this morning, and a scarf, four layers of shirts and a hoodie I managed. But I draw the line at below 20 degrees. Tomorrow and Friday will be off days.

Enjoy the snow. It apparently won't be hitting us.

 
At January 14, 2009 at 11:20 PM , Blogger Muhd Imran said...

I would be very alive doing house projects like this. I love carpentry when I was still living in my village with a front and back yards.

Now it's apartment with no workshop of my own... so keeping busy is the outings that we do to get some exercise.

You have a very nice home. The scenery is beautiful. I can imagine wanting to sit outside your porch when days are warmer. I'd have barbecues there too as often as Wifey will agree to.

Have a good week ahead and hope you can accomplish a lot on the project in days to come.

 
At January 14, 2009 at 11:30 PM , Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

It was good to see a new post from you, Mim. I hope things go well for you with your remodeling and in your job searching.

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At January 15, 2009 at 10:02 AM , Blogger Susan said...

We are SO jealous up here in Canada about Obama - and believe me that's a very strange thing for us to be feeling considering the past 8 years of George W and his legacy. Talk about your giant pendulum swing. Obama is simply amazing and I hope that he represents a new kind of politician and leader that we'll soon see the world over.

Your porch will be lovely and boy oh boy would I love a Bose ... one day maybe.

Love from all of us (with a special hello to Bailey) Susan, Miss D, Bleet, Oliver & Gus

 
At January 15, 2009 at 4:46 PM , Blogger One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Mim, check your post and missing you. Your porch will be wonderful.
Take care. It is cold in my area, down to 8 tonight. Spring I am ready for yoou!!!

 
At January 15, 2009 at 6:25 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Love you dear friend...things will get better...it has to somtime!

Love, Jess

 
At January 15, 2009 at 9:21 PM , Blogger The Quintessential Magpie said...

Mim, I wondered about how cold you were getting in Virginia. It's chilly here, but I think you have us beat!

I want to add you to my bloglist if that's okay. I don't want to lose you!

Here's hoping that the new year will bring good things for all of us.

Much love...

XO,

Sheila :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home