Thursday, January 1, 2009

A sneak preview



Happy New Year 2009
It's here it's really here isn't it! Amazing.

The picture is when the rafters were going up on our covered porch in Oct.
More to come when I feel more chatty!
We have landscaping to do but that will wait for warmer weather.

Just a post today to say it's just been so much fun to meet all of you this year and
a big thank you to all of you for your visits and also for the words you write on your blogs. I find it so enjoyable.

The tree is still up, altough undecorated.
The dried holly brances and evergreen are still laying around the house
But it will all be cleaned later today when the mood strikes.
Today is day to relax, drink coffee and stay in pj's late.
And knit and just be.

I missed a night of sleep Tues. night when I drove my daughter to Dulles airport at 3a.m. and we stayed up and talked, prior to driving, rather than go to sleep. So yesterday was a catch up day too. It's a four hr trip, so that is all I really did yesterday.

So here is to a new year of possibilities and good things,friendships, and all of what life will bring each of us.

9 Comments:

At January 1, 2009 at 1:06 PM , Blogger Ralph said...

That must be a great porch, Mim. the views are spectacular! Can't wait to see the finished product, how it fits on the house etc....

Happy new year!

 
At January 2, 2009 at 3:32 PM , Blogger The Quintessential Magpie said...

Mim,

Dropping by to wish you the best of the best for 2009! I'm praying and wishing for you boundless blessings in every sense.

I've enjoyed getting to know you, and I can't wait to see the porch project as it unfolds. I'm still in my PJ's today, partied out. Yesterday it was the birthday of a friend, and it was a fun celebration (they got two swans to release on the lake behind their home... that was their Christmas and birthday gifts to each other and the family). The swans didn't want to leave their pen at first (they had to be in it for quite some time to acclimate), but they are now enjoying their new home on the lake. They are magnificent birds!

Happy New Year!

xo,

Sheila :-)

 
At January 3, 2009 at 9:15 AM , Blogger judy in ky said...

Happy New Year, Mim! I am happy that I "met" you this year, too. You are on my regular reading list, and I appreciate your visits to me. All the best to you and your family.
Judy

 
At January 3, 2009 at 1:56 PM , Blogger Debbie in CA : ) said...

Happy New Year to You!

The company has all returned to their homes, the internet connection has returned as well (just too cold for the repeater, I guess) . . . and so I blog a little here and there as my thoughts spill forth from a heart bursting with JOY and love and excitement about the coming year. I wish you peace and joy and every good gift in '09. : D

p.s.
We rang in the New Year with a silly string battle on the new deck. Glad it's so big and sturdy with all those silly kids and adults (bigger kids) jumping and dancing and bombarding one another with cans of goop.

 
At January 4, 2009 at 12:15 PM , Blogger anya said...

Thank you for your sweet words, Mim. I hope your daughter's visit lightened your mood a little for the holiday.

For the last two days I have done nothing but sprawl in my chair listening to and buying music, reading, and day dreaming. It's always nice to have vegetative time after a holiday.

I think I said it to you before...but in case I didn't, HAPPY NEW YEAR, MIM!

 
At January 5, 2009 at 12:10 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Hi Mim..Hope that you had great holidays... and that you are doing well. You will have to udate me on jobs, and Bailey and life in general sometime in email... I think I have been blogging as much as you have...just haven't ha time or the mood to....isn't that awful! lol

Have a great week.
Love, Jess

 
At January 6, 2009 at 7:31 PM , Blogger Kat said...

Happy New Year, Mim

Even the bare bones are lovely!

I love a day of leisure in pj's. It seems like a bit of a sinful pleasure.

 
At January 8, 2009 at 5:37 PM , Blogger Nan said...

I want that porch! If you left the top like it is, I think it is called a lanai. Tom's folks in Florida have one. I hope that 2009 brings you all you need and wish for. I'm happy you are in my blogging life.

 
At January 8, 2009 at 10:00 PM , Blogger anya said...

Hope you're doing ok. Haven't seen evidence of your presence lately......

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home