Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A very good day



Besides this gorgeous sunrise, today is a very good day for America.
I think the hope embodied in our new president is just an exciting thing to celebrate.
Our neighbors, who own a lovely local restaurant, are hosting an inaugaration day brunch for some of their neighbors and friends.
Of course they have a huge big screen which we do not have, and this will be fun to celebrate together.
Here's hoping no matter what your political persuasion you can enjoy the day
and stay warm as well.
We had an hour of snow yesterday and it looked for awhile like it was the real thing, but no, by afternoon the snow was all melted.
So here is to a new day and I am hopeful.

5 Comments:

At January 20, 2009 at 12:22 PM , Blogger judy in ky said...

Mim, I am hopeful too... hopeful and grateful for this day.

 
At January 21, 2009 at 1:19 AM , Blogger Muhd Imran said...

That georgeous sunrise is a promise of new and beautiful things to come for the Americans and the world too.

A promise of good governance and humanity regardless of creed and geographics.

Congrats America!

 
At January 21, 2009 at 12:15 PM , Blogger Nan said...

Grateful, and hopeful am I. Lovely picture.

 
At January 22, 2009 at 11:23 AM , Blogger The Quintessential Magpie said...

It was a very impressive day, Mim, with lots of cooperation shown from all camps which is always a good thing. I like it when partisan politics are pushed aside for the greater good which is the liberty and freedoms all Americans share. It's great to live in a country where our voices aren't silenced and where we are free to pursue happiness and worship God as we see fit, where we can assemble -- rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, black and white, male and female, young and old, and all be cordial to each other. America is the greatest country on earth, and I make no apologies for my ardent patriotism. I love this country with all of its glories and all of its faults. I have always been proud to be an American, and I cherish what our forefathers did for us to secure our liberties. Their sacrifices are never more appreciated than on days like inaugruation day. It makes it all so real and so appreicated! :-)

XO,

Sheila

 
At January 22, 2009 at 2:18 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Praying hard, and very hopeful!

Have a great end of the week
Love, Jess

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home