My gardens are calling my name
Hello it's June isn't it?
My backyard is certainly calling my name. That means get outside and weed and water and plant.
It's lovely and fun and exciting to see all my perennials resurfacing. I just love that.
I love perennials!
I love May and June. I do I do.
It's just that if I don't get my weeding in check July will arrive and all I will have is weeds.
We've had a lovely 10 days of our daughter here from SF and she's now flown back.
Family dinners, outings, a quick two day trip to PA to visit a grandmother, shopping and hanging out on our back porch watching the sunsets. It was wonderful as it always is when she is here.
Now it's the regular late spring routines around here. Getting the garden and yard in shape.
We are also getting ready to replace all the windows in the house. The windows do not have screens which is amazing to me. Also some are single panes not double, and most of the seals on the windows are broken. Isn't too bad in summer but in the winter in these winds it gets quite breezy inside.
So that is what I am doing.
What are you doing to enjoy late spring, almost summer days?

9 Comments:
Mim, I love spring before it gets too hot. I enjoy it by opening up all the windows in the house, feeling the breezes and listening to the birds. My cats all sit in the open windows and I can tell it makes them happy.
I am always sad when it gets too hot and we have to close the windows and turn the a/c on. Spring is too short!
My garden is calling my name (shouting, at times). A little each day is a joy. I try to stay on top of it before it becomes a "chore."
Glad you enjoyed a visit with your sweet daughter. My sister arrives next Tuesday -- I can't wait! (But surely the weeding will . . . )
Your lavender is lovely! : D
I got to thinking about your "lavender" in bloom and realized that CAN'T be lavender, mine hasn't bloomed yet and I'm way ahead of you in zones. Sure enough, I enlarged the pic and saw it wasn't lavender. What is it? Sage/salvia family? Whatever it is it is simply gorgeous! I need some of that for an earlier shot of lavender color in my gardens.
Hi Mim, so good to see a post from you! :o)
It's already hot and muggy here in Arkansas. I've potted up some annuals in containers but that's about it as far as gardening and yard work for me.
I wish our landlord would replace our old outdated windows. They're double paned but most of them have lost the seal that keeps the gas in them for insulation, so they're useless for keeping out the heat and cold, and drafty besides. Plus they're mildewed and blurry inside the panes so you can't see out very well!
Hope get your windows done and enjoy your time home making. :o)
Love and hugs,
Diane
Like always, I love to see the compounds of your home. You have a beautiful home and the 360 view is fantastic!
What a wonderful time of the year it sounds for you. Happy at heart is the best, never mind the weeding, because it makes the heart healthy and happy. A wonderful trade off for the days spent outside.
Have a wonderful weekend in an already wonderful looking garden.
Sounds like your schedule has been full...as has mine. Hope all is well....life is crazy as usual here.
Have a great week ahead.
Happy Sunday
Love, jess
Hi, Mim! I'm been busy, busy! Just went to a dance recital this weekend for my little goddaughter, and that was fun and have other things lined up. Have had workmen out to fix things, etc. Trying to beat the summer rains, too!
Love your garden. Those purple/blue flowers are amazing!
XO,
Sheila :-)
Beautiful photo of your garden. Is that salvia I see? I planted some this year and can't wait for it to really spread out. It looks so lovely.
Hope you had a great 4th!!!
Have a great week
Love, Jess
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home