San Francisco
I just returned from a wonderful five days from visiting my daughter in San Francisco.She is in an accelerated MSN program at SFSU and is about midway and on spring break.
So we took a ferry out under the Golden Gate bridge and near Alcatraz.
We went to Chinatown many times as well as frequenting many Starbucks and Coffee Bean.
Riding the cable cars, and sea lions at the wharf. Taking a zip car down Rt1 to Half Moon Bay.
Making the most of the time together, and being exhausted and walking miles up and down the SF streets.
Good times and sad times leaving.
That's the hard part of living far from the family that I want to live near.
Not easy, not always fun, but really life, isn't it?
On the home front continuing our work on the fixer upper.
This last month we've finished installing interior doors, knobs, and locks.
We have now ordered two sliding patio doors for our door replacement project.
We are also hoping for a warm day tomorrow to finish our landscaping around our porch project that we started last fall.
Steps to the basement door were put in this week while I was away.
Tomorrow we will begin the last phase of landscaping and work on plans for laying slate on the concrete slab and steps.
Always something to do around this little home.
Oh and all of this interspersed with job hunting for jobs, which we try to do and try not to get discouraged, but carrying on as we do.
I hope all of you my blogger friends are doing well, and looking forward to spring as am I.
Carrying on..... my motto these days.

16 Comments:
I'm glad you had some quality time with your daughter in SF. Love the pictures!
What else is there to do but carry on? The right jobs will come in His time, I'm sure.
Happy weekend!
Love and hugs,
Diane
With all your experience working on your home, it sounds like you could find employment doing home improvement projects... my husband and I don't know how to do any of that for ourselves.
It sounds like you had a lovely time in San Francisco. We have a daughter who lives in the Bay Area, and we visit there as often as we can.
It's good to hear from you!
Hi Mim, thanks for your comment. Our daughter lives in Sunnyvale, which is about an hour away from San Francisco, unfortunately. We always fly into the SF airport then drive right down to Sunnyvale, so we usually don't get to visit the city itself that often. But I love it when we do. We have been all around the area on different occasions, both north and south of San Francisco. We've been thinking about moving to the area when we retire, if we can figure out how to afford it.
Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog!
I'm sorry to hear your husband has also been laid off. We have been so shocked by this whole experience, but surely this will end up working out for all of us. It just has to. I do believe that.
I love San Francisco. I went to college in the bay area and miss it a lot!
SF is a beautiful place. I enjoy the weather there. We didn't get to go to Alcatraz that day as the tickets were already sold out for the day.
We went to Sacramento to quaint homes and shops there.
Wharf is a convenient tourist sport... missed out on the lobster lunch there... still missing it till today.
You have a beautiful home. A dream home to me and Wifey when I showed her some of the interiors. Just beautiful.
Have a great day outside. Have wonderful weekend, regardless.
San Francisco is such a fun place to visit, and I'm glad, Mim, that you had time with your daughter! That's great to hear!
Post pics of your project when you get a chance. Would love to see what you're doing.
XO,
Sheila :-)
Hi Mim, Regarding my discipline and our long walks twice each day rain or shine, snow or ice pellets - my inspiration and dedication is tres simple and her name is Winnie Dixon. I love her so much and she loves (and needs) her walks so much that's it's pure pleasure "always" to make my dog happy - 'tis my other job. Wink. xo, from les Gang
There is nothing like San Francisco to raise anybody's spirits! So glad you had a chance to get away--thanks for sharing.
And glad you're hanging in. Sounds like both of you have plenty to do and the means to do it with, so that's a nice cushion, at least, for the overall shock of unemployment. Here are my best thoughts that things will turn around soon....
You and your husband don't just "carry on" Mim. You really get stuff done. I need some of that get up and get it done attitude! Maybe Judy has something there with her idea?
I have always loved San Francisco. The very first time I went there...we were working a radio convention in the city....I fell so in love with it that when we left I cried all the way to the airport in the taxi. I have always had a wonderful time there. That's a place I'd love to take Katy.
Oh my gosh, those sea lions are amazing, amazing. We have visited SF twice, and the last time we all went to Alcatraz. My kids are still talking about it. And we ate at a Jewish restaurant in Chinatown. Sounds unbelievable doesn't it? The proprietors actually put yamulkes on Tom and our son. It was a great experience.
I smile as I read about your trip.
I know you enjoyed this time with your daughter and it was good for you. Looks like you are getting a lot of projects done at home.
Blessings sent to you this day.
Carrying on . . . yes that's just what we must do; taking care to pack our hearts and lives with joy and peace that passes understanding in these uncertain times.
My days of late are heavy laden with the task of helping my autistic son grow up in a world that he just doesn't understand and rarely understands him.
I would much prefer balancing a troublesome budget or fixing a leaky pipe -- but then when those events erupt I wish for something else. Always an opportunity to fret, so I just do as you suggest and carry on (in His care).
Happy WINDS DAY to you, my sweet friend. I love to take a minute and peruse your minutes. : D
p.s.
Being far north of SF we rarely see the same weather clouds and winds. I grew up in the Bay Area and we never left for The City without a jacket.
Mim,
I'm glad you had such a lovely time. It is great when you finally do get together.
My sister lives in Colorado so I know exactly what you mean.
Hi mim...hope all is well with you and so glad that you had a good visit with your daughter. Hope April is starting off well for you and that you have a good rest of the week
Lots of love to you
Jess
Mim, dropping by to say Happy Easter!
XO,
Sheila :-)
Just stopping by to say HI! Mim. It's been awhile since you wrote. Hope all is well.....
hugs....
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home