Saturday, February 28, 2009

Just in time


Well I pretty much disappeared in February so here's my last chance isn't it.
Loved my amaryllis and also my paper whites this month.
They have almost both faded, but that's OK cause I can store the bulbs and the rocks they grew in, the dishes too, and just wait til next holiday season and force them again.
That's what I like so much about both of the blooms of those plants in the darkest nights of winter.
So now we are on the eve of March and spring is around the corner, and let me tell you friends it's been the longest coldest winter.
Very dark in many ways, but here we are getting ready to go into the spring of the season and the days are longer.
It gets light earlier and the evenings aren't quite so long.
So I am anxiously awaiting spring and all it brings.
The warmth interspersed with cool nights.
The chance to get outside and dig in the dirt.
The fun of going to the garden centers and scouring around for ideas and plants.
The hope that there is newness in this season and that those dreams we've had that died can be renewed again.
So happy March to you my blogging friends.
And here is to less cold and snow and wind and more light and spring and flowers to come.

11 Comments:

At March 1, 2009 at 2:45 AM , Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

My daffodils and paper whites are blooming away ---- under 6 inches plus of new snow! First real snow we've had all Winter and we get it on Feb. 28th-March 1st. Figures.

Spring will probably find you before it does me, so enjoy it, Mim.

Happy Sunday! :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At March 1, 2009 at 12:35 PM , Blogger Ralph said...

Hear, hear, to better days ahead!

 
At March 1, 2009 at 5:57 PM , Blogger Jess said...

HI Mim...

Have a great new week

happy Sunday..

Love, Jess

 
At March 3, 2009 at 6:51 AM , Blogger The Quintessential Magpie said...

I love spring, Mim. It truly is my favorite season with fall coming in second. :-)

Here's hoping it dawns soon...

XO,

Sheila :-)

 
At March 3, 2009 at 6:52 AM , Blogger The Quintessential Magpie said...

P.S. Love your paper whites!

 
At March 3, 2009 at 2:25 PM , Blogger One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Mim I can't wait until Spring.
Want to see what I discover on my country property. Still so cold and muddy in that area. Love your paper whites. Spring wishes to you also.

 
At March 5, 2009 at 11:57 AM , Blogger judy in ky said...

Spring and all it brings... hope and renewal. We are all ready for it, aren't we? Nice post, Mim. Happy March to you too.

 
At March 7, 2009 at 1:19 AM , Blogger Debbie in CA : ) said...

Oh I have missed you and your delightful minutes. I am busier than ever these days, so blogging must take a backseat. But now and again I manage to make it around to everyone's doorstep and see what they have to share. I am enjoying my Springly things in the garden. I hope your Spring arrives swiftly and brings new dreamings. : D

 
At March 8, 2009 at 11:31 AM , Blogger anya said...

Hey Mim....I love amaryllis. I used to grow 8 or 9 of them and carry them over every year. Somehow, the they has dwindled down to an it!

You've had such an industrious winter in spite of your worries. You and your husband definitely epitomize that old saying about if "life gives you lemons, make lemonade"!

 
At March 11, 2009 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Nan said...

Mim, this was so well-written. Thank you.

 
At March 16, 2009 at 5:42 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Hi Mim...hope all is well with you and your hubby and with your pooch and kitty.

Hope the job situation has worked itself out and that things are looking up for you.

Lots of love to you
Jess

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home