Saturday, June 14, 2008

Another June Day



Another window/shutter picture to enjoy from my picture collection.

It's going to be another hot June day and as soon as I am done inside, I am heading out to do what must be done when one attempts to garden sucessfully. That would be weeding. Our backyard is really a sloping hill, that has existing ground covers of several varieties.This slopes down to another yard which overlooks beautiful mountain ranges, with a farm in the foreground. However the sloping part of the backyard is multi-leveled and can't be mowed. So that means every few weeks a consorted effort to get out there and pull weeds by hand, from between the blue rug junipers.
The only way to do this is with a large recycling bag in hand and try to enjoy it before the sun gets too hot.
That will be followed by more fun aspects of gardening, with potting some herbs, some coleus, and watering the plants I've already planted as these hot 90+ days, with no rain now for over 10 days, make for some very dry plants.
Then it will be some resting and book reading this afternoon, and then off to a family picnic this evening to welcome the first great grandchild on my side of the family.
Happy June day to everyone.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At June 14, 2008 at 2:02 PM , Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hi Mim. Sounds like a full day you have planned. I have Emmy this afternoon and have to cook supper. I may wash a load or 2 of laundry and I need to change my bed clothes, but I may wait on that.

Depends on how active Miss Emmy is today. She's down for a nap right now. She's cutting jaw teeth and is running a low grade temp. She's hurting and a little cranky, which is understandable but wearing on her family. ;o)

Hope you have a good weekend. Happy gardening!

Love and hugs,

Diane

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home