Friday, June 13, 2008

My Lavender




Last year after our S of France trip and seeing this and many more fields of lavender I decided to plant a row of lavender along our stone wall along our entrance driveway. I planted it in October, it took root, and it is now in full bloom.
No it doesn't look like this beautiful field of lavender in the picture, but hey this isn't France this is Virginia!
It's another hot hazy day in the valley here and I have my windows open with the breeze blowing so I can hear the cows mooing and birds chirping and the dogs barking.
Something about being all locked into my air conditioned house and not hearing summer outside just doesn't feel right.
But when the temp hits close to 90 this afternoon I will close the windows, put my freshly baked cookies in the glass cookie jar and turn on the AC!
Its another beautiful summer day.

Oh and I suppose anyone who's read any of my other entries has figured out lavender is my perennial/herb of choice!So this is sure to not be me last entry on lavender.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At June 13, 2008 at 11:35 AM , Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

Lavender, I love it so.

Flowers are the Earth's way of smiling.

Hello. I am James.

 
At June 13, 2008 at 11:43 AM , Blogger Mim said...

HI James
Thanks for stopping by... yes I love it too.
Are you an editor. I looked briefly at your blog.
Thanks for stopping by.
Mim

 
At June 13, 2008 at 5:22 PM , Blogger Ralph said...

That lavender must smell wonderful! We have the a/c on but are sitting in the shade of our deck, where there's a cool breeze. I guess it'll get more hymid tomorrow.

 
At June 13, 2008 at 5:26 PM , Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hi, Mim. I like lavender too but one of my sisters is highly allergic to it, so I can't use it much here if I want my sister to be able to visit. ;o)

I understand about the situation you mentioned in your email. I'd be unsettled too. I don't like indecision at all. Hope they get it settled soon so you'll know which way to turn!

Have a good weekend, my friend. :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At June 13, 2008 at 5:35 PM , Blogger Mim said...

Ralph
It sounds lovely sitting in the shade with a breeze... and getting ready to eat all that good food you've made!!
Mim

 
At June 13, 2008 at 5:36 PM , Blogger Mim said...

Diane,
Aww that is a shame.. yes I'd take my sister over the lavender if that was the case!
Yes being in limbo, not knowing...these are ways we teach ourselves to cope!
Mim

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home