Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Park



A year ago this time we were living in Tokyo and I called this'my park.'
Well it wasn't but it was not even five minutes from our apartment. But it was where I went everyday to watch the fishermen, or the school children throw pebbles into the water. It's where I took a book or my cappacino to sit and watch the locals around me on their way home from work school or the grocery.
It became my park, it became my home away from home and I miss it.
I miss city living. I miss the local coffee shops, and the expatriate friends I made there, I miss the International grocery store and bookshop. I miss the sights and sounds of another culture.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At June 10, 2008 at 7:36 AM , Blogger Ralph said...

What a beautiful place, Mim. I understand the comedown to a quiet, rural existence after the stimulation of living as an expat among other expats in beautiful locales. I hope your transition isn't too long and too jarring, and hope you can find kindred souls nearby.

 
At June 10, 2008 at 12:37 PM , Blogger Jess said...

How pretty!
Emmy is doing wonderful without those unmentionables! The bottle, oops I said it!, was much easier because she wanted real food and didn't care much for it anyways. She was trying to break herself from it for about 3 months anyways. And then the other horrible thing was a different story...the first 4 or 5 naps and nights...it was let's just say a deafening experience! But it's all over now and we all sleep fine!

Have a good week my friend.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home