Planning and scheming
The brick sidewalk is something I've always had at each home I've owned.
Fortunately for us we didn't have to install these, unlike our last two homes where we replaced the cement walkways with brick sidewalks.
Now I am working on designing a porch for the back of the house that will match the front porch on this house.
Built in 1969, very mid century modern in style built as a split level, not my favorite house design.
However the flour different floors sort of fade into each other and the basement is neatly tucked into the hill and not visible from the front but lots of light as it is a walkout basement.
I seem to have no trouble thinking of projects or dreaming up ideas for the 'honey-do' list. This time I will talk to a contractor up the street who is soon retiring and only going to specialize in design and planning.
But first I have to gather my pictures, and ideas, so when I talk to him I can try to explain the look I am going for.
And after the porch, it's the kitchen and after that the windows...
There is always something in an older home!
Labels: house and home

1 Comments:
I sitll think it's great...and you do "own" it, unlike some of us! I do like the brick and you know I think I would rather have a back porch osmetimes than a front porch for snuggling with the hubby and privacy.
Hope all is well!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home