Sunrise sunset
When I look through my pictures I realize how many I've taken of the sunrises and sunsets over the two different mountain ranges.
That is however the reason we picked the particular house we did when we moved back to the US in the summer of 2007.
For five years prior to that, due to my husband's job, we lived overseas in high rise apartments, which in and of themselves provide no view.
There was the aspect however of no yardwork, no snow removal, no weeding, no painting; all the things we as homeowners get used to.
Sometimes I've felt like a nomad, not knowing where we'd be living the next year,etc.
Now that we are once again homeowners that carries with it the mortgage, the taxes, the insurance, the repairs.
And then for me there is the decorating and painting, and wallpaper removing, or floor sanding, all the things I can seem to find to do when I own a home.
It's exciting, fun and of course costly.
But what does keep me grounded is the seasons; the daily rising and setting of the sun, the early morning cup of coffee before the sun is up.
And my friends, new and old, who allow me into their lives.
I love it. I love being 'home' where I speak the same language and I am understand.
But I miss the newness of moving to a new place, new food, new vistas.
So I am trying to enjoy being here for now.
Because who knows for how long and where next...
Labels: seasons

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home