Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sunrise and the flu


Lovely cool mornings this week I haven't been able to enjoy as much as usual due to a nasty cold/flu I contracted flying home from visiting our daughter last week.
I still need to get outside and plant those plants I've been collecting. Somehow I am afraid it will turn very hot and be June and those plants will be sitting in their black pots in the driveway.
So for now I will have to enjoy the sunrises from inside my front window.
I've always enjoyed spring and this is the first spring we've lived in the US since 2002 and I thought I'd have been more organized about getting my outside work done.
Suffice it to say our last year has been spent moving households out of long term storage and unpacking and sending things to auction, so I know I am still getting into a routine.
Just wanted to say I am here and will soon be getting my outside chores finished. Meanwhile I will keep warm with my feather tick and a nice cup of tea as the flu subsides.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At May 21, 2008 at 9:11 AM , Blogger Mary said...

Hello Mim - great to meet you after reading your kind comment this morning. Hoping life will get a bit more settled for you and your family - know what you mean all being somewhat topsy turvy at present. Luckily we were able to retire and manage OK - have to be careful though as we are hoping for many more years to travel, garden and enjoy our family etc.

I have New Dawn, the very pale pink old climber on my back fence. Does well - mine got huge so I pruned it heavily and it's coming back strong with larger blooms this Spring. On my front fence/arbor I have John Cabot (a strong Canadian climber) deep magenta pink which shows up well against the white paint. Again pruned back heavily and coming up fast again. Have Peace - not climbing though - would love one of those, my problem is not enough places with full sun.

Hope you feel much better soon and can get outside to plant your garden. Sip tea, cuddle up and take life easy - do you mind sharing where in the US you are located? I'm curious.

Get well wishes coming your way.
Mary.

 
At May 21, 2008 at 11:59 AM , Blogger Ralph said...

Hope it's just a cold and not the flu, Mim!

You keep mentioning it so I presume it's all right to ask: where had you been living before? How long?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home