Saturday, June 7, 2008

Summer is certainly here


Well we haven't had the official first day of summer, but summer is certainly here, based on the heat wave we are having in Virginia.
Thursday was the first day of the ac on and it feels wonderful.
After going outside this morning to water plants, and wash cars, and wash the front porch I am happy to come inside and cool off.
I am going to read blogs and finish a book I started Thursday, fold laundry, and maybe cook something cool and light on this hot summer day.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At June 7, 2008 at 5:57 PM , Blogger Jess said...

It's hot here too.. and I will just tell you here about the arrest. I was 15 or 16 and I was supposed to spend the night at a friends house. She decided we were taking her dad's truck out on the town. I had no clue that we were actually sneaking out without his permission of course. And he reported the truck stolen and well let's just say..it was a long night!

I know such a lame story...no drugs, alcohol, or fighting..or stealing. Just the good ole days!

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

 
At June 7, 2008 at 5:59 PM , Blogger Mim said...

But hey aren't you glad that is all there is to the story... no drugs alcohol or fighting!
Your meme was fun to read. Does your mom know this story in case she reads the comments here?
Mim

 
At June 7, 2008 at 7:47 PM , Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Yes, her Mom knows this story. ;o)

She didn't clue me in until Thursday when I asked her about it, though.

It's 95º as I type this at 6:45 pm, Central time. My AC has been on for probably a month now and I am so thankful that my utilities are included in my rent!

Enjoy your weekend, Mim. :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home