Changes
For the past few months we thought we'd be going back overseas for 7-12 months for my husband's job.
As of Friday we were told that is off so now we have to refocus and organize our minds and adjust to a new way of thinking.
I'd stopped buying groceries to stock my pantry and freezer. I'd not bought any annuals to plant outside, just perennials. And my front porch and back porch look mighty empty.
I'd even started organizing things for leaving the house empty for that long.
The only arrangment I hadn't made was to make plans for my dog.
Now I need to shift my thinking.
It will take me a few days...or weeks!
Life goes on for all of us in varying ways, doesn't it?
Changes in our housing or living situations,planning our retirement, homes and finances, saying goodbye to those we love, waiting, holding on and wondering why.
I think about change a lot, and accepting, and adjusting and holding those close to us we care about.
Fostering communication, and caring and love.
Adjusting to what comes our way, and trying to adapt.
Enjoying each day what brings us pleasure.
Labels: life

4 Comments:
So, Mim--is this good news or bad? Not sure whether to sympathize or say "good for you--you're in one place for a while!" I know if it were me and I liked where I was living and knew I could stay, I'd be doing all those things you say you've been avoiding. Either way, looks like you've got some settling in to do!
I'd say you are doing great adjusting with change. Some people just don't handle change...at all. Hope you have a wonderful week!
Change is going to happen whether we like it or not or even want to acknowledge it. Our attitude is what makes the difference.
So...now you reassess and gear up for making yourself at home...literally!
Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. I appreciate your visits and your insight. :o)
Have a great new week, Mim.
Love and hugs,
Diane
I'm glad you're staying put for a while - so we can get to know you!!
Your travels have been awesone though - nothing like actually being able to live in other countries.
Stay coooool.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home