Friday, July 30, 2010

Another July sunset summer evening



I wanted to put another picture of a tired, hot little Bailey, and say 'still the dogs days of summer' but I guess the story of 17 days of over 90 degree heat this month, is old news.
So instead here is another picture of one of the gorgeous sunsets I get to view in the evening from our back porch.
It's like a different painting each evening, and especially in this crazy weather, it's unknown what the 'picture' will look like.
I am not doing anything too remarkable these days. A lot of reading, very little of household projects, a lot of drinking tea and water, and very little of hard labour!
Getting ready in a few days to bring in my 60th birthday.
How did this happen.. where did my 40 and 50 year old self go. Well no where really.
But sometimes remarkable cause in my heart I am 30.... but wait that's my daughter's age. It can't be, but it is.
So we'll go away for a few days to celebrate, and tour art museums and walk out on city streets at night, and go to shows, and drink cappuccinos.
For now just checking in to say enjoy the rest of your summer too.

4 Comments:

At August 1, 2010 at 4:54 PM , Blogger Nan said...

What a wonderful way to see a day out by watching the sunset on your porch. Beautiful picture. Your numbers thoughts made me think of the Gertrude Stein quote, 'we are always the same age inside' -An early happy birthday to you!!!

 
At August 5, 2010 at 5:54 PM , Blogger One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Another happy early birthday and I agree with the quote - we are always the same age inside. I wonder where the 60's went and how in the world can I be traveling the 70's at this time. The sunsets I see here in the country are like a painting. 100 degrees on my deck for a number of days.
Ready for cooler weather.

 
At August 9, 2010 at 8:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh I hear you on the heat - its been like that all summer - so crazy hot.

And I hear you on the time just going so fast. My son was just a baby and now hes 19 and wow, yeah how did that happen

Tracy

 
At August 10, 2010 at 2:29 AM , Blogger Muhd Imran said...

Yup! That is a georgeous sunset. A different picture painted every day right from the back porch. Priceless!

What would I give to be 60 and have a wonderful time living it up. The youthful 30 in you is fantastic! It is what keeps you young and passionate about life.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY Dear Friend!

Have a wonderful trip and that cappuccinos!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home