Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's Spring, it's really Spring



These hydrangeas are just waiting to be planted outside.
That's because it really is spring, and in about 6 weeks, in this area, we will get no more frost until mid October.
So last weekend we had 'almost snow' again, but it didn't happen, thankfully.
Today was close to 75 degrees, but that is even crazy for this time of year.
So transplanting perennials, and tilling the soil, for some tomato plants in May, was the order of business around here.
It's hard, after the 'long hard winter' and all the snow to not become over excited, when we get several warmer than average days, to plant things too early.

I love spring, and it has always evoked happy memories for me, of times gone by. My daughter was born 30 years ago, in April. And my son turned 27 on the 21st of March.
So along with the Easter holiday, there were always birthday celebrations, along with spring, just a lot of things to celebrate.

How are you celebrating Spring and what are you doing to celebrate change, no matter what time zone you are in?

4 Comments:

At April 4, 2010 at 10:34 AM , Blogger Muhd Imran said...

Happy Birthdays to your children. Happy Easter and a wonderful springtime!

 
At April 6, 2010 at 1:15 AM , Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Beautiful hydrangea, Mim. We still have a chance of frost for at least another week or so. April 15th is our average date for the last frost, but it was 80F here today so it's easy forget that and get planting fever. ;o)

I bought a beautiful ceramic planter the other day and some potting soil, but Walmart doesn't have any houseplants out yet, so I'll have to wait before I can put a pretty plant in my new planter.

Happy Spring!

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At April 7, 2010 at 3:23 PM , Blogger judy in ky said...

To celebrate Spring, I just open all the windows and enjoy the fresh air. I sleep so much better at night when the windows are open, even if it's a little chilly... I just put another blanket on!

 
At April 15, 2010 at 2:49 PM , Blogger One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I think "Summer" has arrived in the woods. Whatever it is - it is wonderful. Just do not like my allergy at the moment.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home